uArm??An open source robot arm

zoomkat:
Per the below the arm project seems ton be moving along. Still no arm parts scale drawings, but the bottom arm assembly guide provided good detail of the arm.

It's strange; this assembly guide looks better than the first iteration they supplied me - which I then added some better descriptions and such and sent back - but it still seems strange in one area (and very similar to the original one I was supplied):

They first describe how to build the base (steps 1-5), then jump to building the controller and vacuum holder (steps 6-21), then jump to building the shoulder (steps 22 and 23), then the arm (step 24-36); at step 37 - they start to attach the controller/pump to the shoulder/arm portion, then at steps 38-39 attach the arm to the base, then finish up the suction piece.

Now, this is better than the instructions I got - but it still seems slightly "wrong" (but not having an arm to play with, I can't really tell). What I don't understand, is why it doesn't go base (1-5), shoulder/arm (22-36), then controller/vacuum holder (6-21), then attachment (37-39). It would seem to me that this would be a more logical progression...?

Unless some part gets in the way of the other - not sure. Again, I don't have the parts or such for one of these arms, so maybe it does. Also again, this assembly manual is better than the version I had, where the diagrams weren't as clear, nor the descriptions, and the assembly sequence was more seemingly haphazard.

Overall, I'd say they did a fairly good job of updating it.

:slight_smile: