Go Down

Topic: Linino parses timezone wrong. (Read 904 times) previous topic - next topic

garvamel

Nov 25, 2017, 04:58 am Last Edit: Nov 25, 2017, 05:03 am by garvamel
I'm in Chile, and we have DST here so I was trying to properly configure the timezone

I'm on UTC-3 right now, but the only way for me to get the correct date-time is by entering UTC+3 in /etc/config/system, which doesn't make sense at all.

I already downloaded the zoneinfo-southamerica package just in case, and set the zonename for my country.

The offset is behaving as if mirrored. Any clues on what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!

artisticforge

I'm in Chile, and we have DST here so I was trying to properly configure the timezone

I'm on UTC-3 right now, but the only way for me to get the correct date-time is by entering UTC+3 in /etc/config/system, which doesn't make sense at all.

I already downloaded the zoneinfo-southamerica package just in case, and set the zonename for my country.

The offset is behaving as if mirrored. Any clues on what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!
which Arduino board are you using?
Need that to provide any help.

garvamel

which Arduino board are you using?
Need that to provide any help.
The YUN (we're in the YUN subforum ;) )

Thanks.

artisticforge

The YUN (we're in the YUN subforum ;) )

Thanks.
The arduino..cc Yun or the arduino.org Yun?

I am going to assume arduino.org board.

You will have to wait until someone takes it upon themself to provide an update to the Yun software.

garvamel

Dec 05, 2017, 08:46 pm Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 08:56 pm by garvamel
The arduino..cc Yun or the arduino.org Yun?

I am going to assume arduino.org board.

You will have to wait until someone takes it upon themself to provide an update to the Yun software.

Thanks artisticforge. I had no clue there were to versions. It's the .org.

There's still the issue of my timezone in "location" format not available for me. I'm in "America/Santiago" and it's not available in the extended package. Since I only need to handle UTC-3 and UTC-4, I wrote a script to handle it and left it at that.

Go Up