Go Down

Topic: Linino parses timezone wrong. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

garvamel

Nov 25, 2017, 04:58 am Last Edit: Nov 25, 2017, 05:03 am by garvamel
I'm in Chile, and we have DST here so I was trying to properly configure the timezone

I'm on UTC-3 right now, but the only way for me to get the correct date-time is by entering UTC+3 in /etc/config/system, which doesn't make sense at all.

I already downloaded the zoneinfo-southamerica package just in case, and set the zonename for my country.

The offset is behaving as if mirrored. Any clues on what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!

artisticforge

I'm in Chile, and we have DST here so I was trying to properly configure the timezone

I'm on UTC-3 right now, but the only way for me to get the correct date-time is by entering UTC+3 in /etc/config/system, which doesn't make sense at all.

I already downloaded the zoneinfo-southamerica package just in case, and set the zonename for my country.

The offset is behaving as if mirrored. Any clues on what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!
which Arduino board are you using?
Need that to provide any help.

><>

garvamel

which Arduino board are you using?
Need that to provide any help.
The YUN (we're in the YUN subforum ;) )

Thanks.

artisticforge

The YUN (we're in the YUN subforum ;) )

Thanks.
The arduino..cc Yun or the arduino.org Yun?

I am going to assume arduino.org board.

You will have to wait until someone takes it upon themself to provide an update to the Yun software.
><>

garvamel

Dec 05, 2017, 08:46 pm Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 08:56 pm by garvamel
The arduino..cc Yun or the arduino.org Yun?

I am going to assume arduino.org board.

You will have to wait until someone takes it upon themself to provide an update to the Yun software.

Thanks artisticforge. I had no clue there were to versions. It's the .org.

There's still the issue of my timezone in "location" format not available for me. I'm in "America/Santiago" and it's not available in the extended package. Since I only need to handle UTC-3 and UTC-4, I wrote a script to handle it and left it at that.

Go Up