Keep getting bounced back to the index

There seems to be a problem with the forum - I click on a topic, but instead of going to the topic, I get bounced back to the index, and sometimes the same thing happens when I try to reply to a post.

Edit: The effect seems more pronounced on a mobile device than on a laptop even though both are connected to the same wifi network.

I have been having that trouble also - on my laptop.

...R

The forum HAS been flaky as all get out lately. But, the Arduino team doesn't care, so don't expect anything to get better, until all the volunteers quit.

Not seeing that here on a real computer.

Sounds like just the WAP side.

ballscrewbob:
Not seeing that here on a real computer.

I have only been using a real computer. I don't go for that modern stuff.

...R

Happened to me yesterday on my Mac - it started right after a request to sign in. It's working today but even now it keeps redirecting to oAuth pages as I hit different forums.

Hi Bill did you clear your browser cache etc.

Sometimes that does help get over an Arduino web bug.

Same issue here. Firefox 59.0.2 on Windows8 Enterprise using WiFi connection to 4G modem.

Clearing the cache did seem to solve it but after 10 minutes I got the first signs that it seems to be back again.

I suspect this is the same problem as in this other Thread

And it has happened to me a few times in the last hour.

...R

Possibly. Using different 4G provider (and no tethering) same issue happens.

And to top it up, bad gateway messages for hydra.arduino.cc. I suspect that that actually indicates the underlaying issue.

Yes, I'm now using a laptop and wifi, but still getting bounced or getting the bad gateway message.

It seems there is some server migration in progress so some outages like that are to be expected.
Thankfully they are quite brief for the most part.

Will assume its part of the dot CC / dot ORG consolidation still going on and the extension of some other services (dont quote me on that).

@ballscrewbob, migration does not take a week :wink: If the site owners would check here for messages (specifically after they made changes) from users (not everybody is aware of the github page), they could have rolled back the changes they made if it was a genuine issue.

Even better, site owners should post a message on this forum when they roll out updates to the forum software and we can report the effects here.

I'll usually post here first to see if others are experiencing the same problems before taking it further.

It seems OK now.

sterretje:
@ballscrewbob, migration does not take a week :wink: If the site owners would check here for messages (specifically after they made changes) from users (not everybody is aware of the github page), they could have rolled back the changes they made if it was a genuine issue.

Even better, site owners should post a message on this forum when they roll out updates to the forum software and we can report the effects here.

Simple consideration for customers.

Use Github for communication between Arduino developers. Use this Forum for communication between developers and users / customers.

...R