Ethernet Shield - Text to arduino

Hi,
Can you tell how can i send a text from an input text in a html page to the arduino?

I have a page in a server (not arduino) where i have a input text. I want to send the text from input to a arduino with a ethernet shield.

Thanks

Is the server one where you can run programs? If the server page is written in PHP (maybe others, but I know a little PHP), you could fire up an app in the background that opened a socket connection to the Arduino (build the Arduino app using the Chat example as a starting point).

Or you could run a webserver on the Arduino, and POST the text to it. The example code supplied with the Ethernet library may not support this, but I'm working on an update to Ben's Webduino framework that will. It should be ready before the weekend. Wanna be a beta tester for it? :slight_smile:

Ran

I don't know if i'll have a lot of time but i can try :slight_smile:

I want to use a webserver on the arduino and send to it a text from another page. Can you give a link or an ideia how i use the POST, i know that i have the POST and GET but i don't know how to use it.

Here are a couple of examples of posting from a PHP page to another host that google turned up: one using sockets, and one using CURL.

I haven't tried either yet, but I'm going to use the sockets example to set up a page on the PC for testing my Webduino changes.

Ran