[Solved] Read out webcontent over USB

Hi,

im a total newb to arduino and only did some beginners stuff.

Now i want to read out data from a webpage (some numbers) and make them visible per LEDs.

I dont want to use a ethernet shield, because i want to use the device at work, where i cant use a own device with a own MAC adress. So I want to use the PC to get the arduino online...

Are there any sample projects or you know for what i should search?
I cant seem to find anything, and dont know what to search for :slight_smile:

Thx in advance!

So I want to use the PC to get the arduino online...

You can't. You can write a program that runs on the PC that gets the data from the website and forwards it, via the serial port, to the Arduino. But, you might as well do the data interpretation on the PC and simply tell the Arduino which pin to turn on or off.

ah ok, so basicly i would need to read the webpage and get the information i want on PC-sode and then forward it to the arduino to trigger an event?

kermstar:
ah ok, so basicly i would need to read the webpage and get the information i want on PC-sode and then forward it to the arduino to trigger an event?

Yes.

You can use Processing to get the information from the web and send it to your Arduino.

Hi!
I now use nodejs with Johnnyfive module.

I used the Tutorial at Easy Web Scraping With Node.js - miguelgrinberg.com to learn about webscrapping with nodejs.

Works pretty neat!

But thanks for an answer!!! :slight_smile: