graphical lcd (nokia 3310)

I still had no time to test the lcd with the given code by myself. The diodes are just for lowering the voltage (each diode burns 0,7 V) since that LCD is usually powered with 3,3V.
I don't know if it works with 5 volt, too. If so, it should also work without any resistors.

hi oliver,

nice to read you're still interested though. i've been tinkering and trying whole last week.

first thing: the code from massimo seems to be to big for my board. i shortend the fontLookup array to just 26 small letters to make it run.

twice i happened to see something on the display, but i couldn't reproduce this. the first time the screen went all black. the second time (yesterday) i saw a horizontal line from left to right. i guess that's what it supposed to show from the main loop() in the code.

my setup is the following:

i tried it with up to five diodes since i measured exact 2,7V on a working 3310 phone. the voltage in my setup with 3 diodes is still 3,6V.

could it be a question of ampere?
maybe it's something with the clock timing? anyone knows how to debug something like this???

kuk