Tested shields

Perhaps the lucky ones who allready have a board could share what shields they have tested to be
fully working without too much fiddling.

personally i'm interested in the xbee shields (for example the dfrobot xbee + bluetooth module)

So far the beta testers have been quiet (well we don't know who they are so maybe not), but I wouldn't hold your breath until quite a few boards get out in the wild.

If you can provide links to the shield's schematics we may be able to figure out if they will work or not.

Rob

Even if some accommodation were made for pin-compatibility of the 3.3V <-> 5V for a given 5V shield, wouldn't there still be an issue with the shield actually requiring a SUPPLY-RAIL of 5V to be powered in the first place? How will the Arduino Due solve this problem -- is there a stepup converter, or else a 5V output LDO somewhere?

Never mind. The Due page lists the following pin:

• 5V. This pin outputs a regulated 5V from the regulator on the board. The board can be supplied with power either from the DC power jack (7 - 12V), the USB connector (5V), or the VIN pin of the board (7-12V).

If a shield has a schematic, then checking whether IOREF is connected to anything would seem to be useful for a first pass.

I've tested the Arduino Ethernet Shield. It works fine (both SD and Ethernet).