Arduino bluetooth heart beat sensor

So i'm not really new to arduino, but i reaally run out of any ideas of how to make this work. So i hope anyone could help.

The whole circuit is a little bit complicated and i would not go into detail yet, but as i am concerned now is that I am trying to read sensor value on analog pin 0, and send it over serial port to a Bluetooth module, that sends data to the computer. On arduino i'm basically just printing on serial port the value, and in my Processing code, i'm reading value from the com port that my bluetooth connection is established.

My problem is that if i have the arduino connected on external power supply, it isn't sending anything, but when i connect it on usb, it opens the serial port and also send via bluetooth.

Any help, would be really appreciated.

My problem is that if i have the arduino connected on external power supply, it isn't sending anything, but when i connect it on usb, it opens the serial port and also send via bluetooth.

How did you connect the bluetooth module? Are you using SoftwareSerial to talk to it?

The bluetooth is normally connected on the serial pins, bluetooth tx to arduino rx and bluetooth rx to arduino tx.

I'vr followed numerous tutorials regarding this, i've changed the baud rate using AT commands, so everything is on 9600.

but when i connect it on usb, it opens the serial port and also send via bluetooth.

That doesn't make too much sense.
The Tx/Rx pins are now connected to both BT and the FTDI?
You should see at least 2 different new serial ports: one for the FTDI chip, one for the BT.

it opens the serial port

Which of the serial ports gets opened? For the FTDI or for BT?

so basically my setup is this. Arduino Playground - Tutorial01. Like this it is working sending data from the computer, but not the other way around.
And yes, it opens the serial port for the ftdi, and also sends on the BT. If i have the uC barboned and i have only the BT connected to the tx and rx, nothing happens.
I have tried also initializing on a different serial port the BT, on other digital pins, but still with no results.

I was thinking that the processing i have should send something so the board knows when it should start sending, like probably when i open the serial via ftdi, the arduino interface resets the board and sends something.

Any ideas? i've also tried with the amarino toolkit, with the sensor graph program. It doesn't work... Any ideas of the steps i should take care of when implementing this ideea? I'm shure there is someone who managed a bluetooth connection with the arduino before..

I'm shure there is someone who managed a bluetooth connection with the arduino before

This post may be useful for you:

You just need to take it one step at a time, identify the problem/issue, then solve it. Don't add to many things to the mix (amarino, graphs etc etc).

I think i discovered what seems to be the issue. If i connect the arduino to the board, with the external power supply from my boost converter, it seems to be working. But when i connect the uC dirrectly to the board, it stops working and also deletes the bootloader from the uC. I think it is because the boost converter flickers in current, because of a blinking led of the bluetooth. Can anyone tell me if this might be the issue?

also deletes the bootloader from the uC

How do you know?

Because when i put it back on the board the arduin ide dosnt' recognize the board. I burn the bootloader again, and all is ok. I guess that's the problem, but still no solution...

marius90:
So i'm not really new to arduino, but i reaally run out of any ideas of how to make this work. So i hope anyone could help.

The whole circuit is a little bit complicated and i would not go into detail yet, but as i am concerned now is that I am trying to read sensor value on analog pin 0, and send it over serial port to a Bluetooth module, that sends data to the computer. On arduino i'm basically just printing on serial port the value, and in my Processing code, i'm reading value from the com port that my bluetooth connection is established.

Any help, would be really appreciated.

I'm doing the subject using arduino heartbeat sensor and wireless connection to the computer by Bluetooth. What did you please help me!?