Testers wanted!

For some new arduino projects I'm looking for people how want to test one or more android applications together with their Arduino and Android hardware. There are three projects where I need some extra feedback for before they can be published.

Thermoduino Pro
Somfy controller Pro
Lounge LED controller Pro

Thermoduino Pro is the Pro version of my first android application "Thermoduino" and is used to control the temperature in your house from anywhere. The new version comes with a new arduino sketch which can handle timers which you set can in the app and show extra sensor info like humidity etc.
You need:
1 arduino Mega
1 W5100 ethernet shield
1 DHT 22
1 two channel relay card
some wiring
EEPROMEX Library
DHT Library
RTC Library

some debugging knowledge :smiley:

Android app
Arduino sketch
Please, leave a comment after download / install.

Somfy controller Pro is used to control your somfy blinds from your android phone. You can set nine timers to automatically performe actions as "every day at 11.00 blind A up" .
You need:
1 arduino Mega
1 W5100 ethernet shield
1 telis 1 remote per blind ($25 on ebay)
1 three channel relay card per blind ($6 on ebay)
some wiring
little bit of soldering on the telis 1 remote
EEPROMEX Library
RTC Library
some debugging knowledge

How to connect the Telis 1 remote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29369544/Dev/Somfy%20controller%20Pro/2013-10-24%2014.39.01.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29369544/Dev/Somfy%20controller%20Pro/2013-10-24%2014.39.21.jpg

Android app
Arduino sketch

Lounge LED controller Pro is a RGB LED controller which can be used to make your own programs for RGB LED strips. This will make your friends say "I want that!"
1 arduino Mega
1 W5100 ethernet shield
1 RGB Amplifier ($3 on ebay) or 3 N-channel MOSFETs such as the STP16NF06
1 RGB LED strip ($15 for 5m on ebay)
some wiring
EEPROMEX Library
RTC Library
some debugging knowledge

Android app
Arduino sketch

Favorites
4 favorites buttons
can't be removed
can't be long pressed
when clicked the program stops and the the Led will fade into the selected color in approximately 500 ms
two ways to store a color
1 click left circle, select a color, click the inner circle, choose favorit 1 - 4
2 select a color with the sliders, click right circle, choose favorit 1 - 4

program loop
max. 6 programed colors
colors can be removed in two ways
1 long clicking them
buttons can't be clicked
buttons have an indicator to see in what color the program is.
2 store them with color "black"
two ways to store a color
1 click left circle, select a color, click the inner circle, choose program 1 - 6
2 select a color with the sliders, click right circle, choose program 1 - 6
The program loop will play when the "play button" is clicked
two parameters can be set to control the program speed, "fade time" and "delay time"
Fade time - time to fade from one color to another (0-9 / 50ms - 3 minutes)
Delay time - time to stay in one color before fading to another (0-9 / 0ms - 3 minutes)

Left circle
color picker to select any color you want

Right circle
button to select the current color of the LED

Netherlands/Belgium?

robtillaart:
Netherlands/Belgium?

I'm from the Netherlands indeed. What gave it away?
Do you know my daughter's name as well? XD

jolien

I'm from the Netherlands indeed. What gave it away?

Dutch texts on the first screen shot :wink:

Download links are added to the first post for Somfy controller Pro and Lounge LED controller Pro.

Marque,
The lounge light controller looks very interresting .
Bob

I have all the parts required to do the Lounge Controller ...I think you can tell by now that the lighting and audio control are the most interresting to me ....though eventually the blind controller will become a reality in my home !
Bob

Marque,
Is there a possibility that I could get the Lounge Lighting app? I was able to load the code on a mega , but the app said it was "expired" when I tried to open it with my Android.
BobD

BobbyD:
Marque,
Is there a possibility that I could get the Lounge Lighting app? I was able to load the code on a mega , but the app said it was "expired" when I tried to open it with my Android.
BobD

The app has been updated so please download the new version.

Marque,
I tried to install the latest version just now.
It asked if I wanted to replace existing - YES
installed new version
tried to open and I could see the custom Android symbol in the top corner
there was a little more delay and then
"test version expired" was displayed on the screen
when I go back to all the icons , I see Lounge Controller icon is there
I select the Icon , and the app starts to open
then "test version expired" appears again.

Could there be a setting that you are aware of in the Android for using beta apps ?
I am trying to learn all I can without asking for too much assistance
Bob D

I did the following tests twice ... just to be certain of the same results .
-I deleted the Lounge app from my Android and tried loading again with same results " test version expired"

I then loaded the Somfy app and all worked ok - opened properly as expected

I then loaded the Thermoduino app ...and it tries to open as the Lounge Lighting app ?
-the message it responds with is " Unfortunately Lounge LED Controller has stopped"

Again , I removed the app from the android so there should not have been any traces from the Lounge Controller.
-I ensured which file was loaded into the android and tried opening with exactly the same reported results listed above.

Bob D

Hi marque

I can know give you a bit more feedback about the issues I am having with this configuration....

I know I was replying on the other thread, but makes more sense to talk about it here... I suppose!

O the tablet running the 4.0.4 android the app does not even start... it starts loading and then a message just pop up saying the app encountered an error an it will shut down... which does... and its about it!

I have today finally installed the second and last control panel on the ground floor....

This is the tablet running the 4.1.1, and the app runs fine.
However:

The connection keeps breaking up... should I play with the delays and timeouts?
The timers do not work, when I open it the app also shuts down... is that because I do not have yet the RTC installed?

I have also modified the scketch to invert the relays... it make more sense to me that they are energized when the system is on, and when heating is on...

Tomorrow will take some pictures of the app running as you have requested...

Also, where should I connect the extra sensors?

Hi

Here is a photo of the app running...
I must say now that everything is connected a bit better the connection (LAN) does not drop as much anymore... pretty stable actually!

I'm trying to compile the Thermoduino and get the following errors:

In file included from ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:3:0:
/home/htpc/sketchbook/libraries/Thermostaat/EEPROMEx.h:159:22: error: conflicting declaration ‘EEPROMClassEx EEPROM’
In file included from /home/htpc/sketchbook/libraries/Thermostaat/EEPROMEx.h:23:0,
                 from ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:3:
/home/htpc/sketchbook/libraries/Thermostaat/EEPROM.h:32:20: error: ‘EEPROM’ has a previous declaration as ‘EEPROMClass EEPROM’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:24:10: error: ‘A10’ was not declared in this scope
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:31:19: error: ‘A13’ was not declared in this scope
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino: In function ‘void read_EEPROM()’:
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:807:25: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:808:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:809:24: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:810:26: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readFloat’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:811:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:822:25: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:823:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:824:24: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:825:26: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readFloat’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:826:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:837:25: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:838:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:839:24: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:840:26: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readFloat’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:841:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:852:25: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:853:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:854:24: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:855:26: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readFloat’
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:856:27: error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘readByte’

the error was much longer but it was to long to post

Hello redcell,
It looks like you are going to have to remove the <eeprom.h> and make sure you have downloaded the library in this post . That is where the conflict is happening ...you just need to use the extended ( EEPROMex ) library.
Hope this helps !
BobbyD

Marque,
I downloaded the Lounge LED Controller app and tried re-installing .
-Android asked if I wanted to replace app - yes
-it looked like it took a while to install , and it said it was ok
-I opened the app and it indicated the following:
"Unfortunately , Lounge LED Controller has stopped."

Please let me know if there is anything else I should be trying as I am still very interrested in testing this app.
BobbyD

BobbyD:
Marque,
I downloaded the Lounge LED Controller app and tried re-installing .
-Android asked if I wanted to replace app - yes
-it looked like it took a while to install , and it said it was ok
-I opened the app and it indicated the following:
"Unfortunately , Lounge LED Controller has stopped."

Please let me know if there is anything else I should be trying as I am still very interrested in testing this app.
BobbyD

Try to remove first and then install again

BobbyD:
Hello redcell,
It looks like you are going to have to remove the <eeprom.h> and make sure you have downloaded the library in this post . That is where the conflict is happening ...you just need to use the extended ( EEPROMex ) library.
Hope this helps !
BobbyD

I am using all the needed libraries

the file "EEPROMEx.h" needs "EEPROM.h" below is a code snippet from "EEPROMEx.h":

#ifndef EEPROMEX_h
#define EEPROMEX_h

#include <EEPROM.h>

#if ARDUINO >= 100

if I remove #include <EEPROM.h> from "EEPROMEx.h" I get the folowing error:

ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:24:10: error: ‘A10’ was not declared in this scope
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:31:19: error: ‘A13’ was not declared in this scope
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:982:12: error: ‘A8’ was not declared in this scope
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:985:12: error: ‘A12’ was not declared in this scope
ThermoduinoPro_beta.ino:988:12: error: ‘A14’ was not declared in this scope

wich version of the arduino software was used to compile the sketch or shouldn't that mather?

I am using 1.0.5 on linux or should I use an older version or the newer beta version 1.5.4?

redcell,
I figured out the issue with the Thermoduino sketch and it will compile properly even with IDE version 1.0.2.
Keep in mind that you are using a Mega2560 as the board as per Marque's instructions.
If you try to compile with another board like the uno you will get the same errors that you ( and I ) had to start with.
BobbyD