using display from HP officejet printer

I took apart an abandoned HP printer i found around the corner. Now I have its touchscreen display.

So, how do i go about accessing it with my arduino? As in identifying power pins and RX TX and such

If it helps, the screen is identified as: B6T06-80032

The first test should have been done before you removed the display. Did it work in the printer?

Use you Ohmmeter to identify the board ground being connected to a pin on the only connector I see. Should be 0 resistance. Be sure to check all pins, as there may be several connected to ground.

Next identify any electrolytic capacitors and find a + side that you can get an Ohmmeter pin to connect to. Again try all the pins on the connector and write down the pin that has zero resistance to the electrolytic capacitor. That is likely the + voltage pin.

If you can't find an electrolytic capacitor, you will try to find what one of the ICs is and find the + power to that IC and trace it back to the connector.

Finally, you need to determine the operating voltage of the board. Could be 3.3 volts of 5 volts. Probably the ICs will tell you that if you can determine the identity of one of them.

Paul

Thanks for the advice Paul. I managed to identify a few grounded pins.

unfortunately I also discovered apart from the 3.3V the screen uses it also receives 32V from the mainboard.

A bit over the top for most of my projects. I assume theres a regulator on the control panel's pcb

El_Barto:
Thanks for the advice Paul. I managed to identify a few grounded pins.

unfortunately I also discovered apart from the 3.3V the screen uses it also receives 32V from the mainboard.

A bit over the top for most of my projects. I assume theres a regulator on the control panel's pcb

Perhaps the 32 volt drives the ElectroLuminicent (EL) back light for the display.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Perhaps the 32 volt drives the ElectroLuminicent (EL) back light for the display.

Paul

Possibly, the problem is I've looked though all the ICs on the board and couldn't find any data sheets or nothing.
other than the 'neonode NN1001' which only shows results for news articles. Not to mention the main board is multi layered pcb which doesn't help.

I would've loved to explore the device but the big boys did too good of a job of hiding key elements for me.

Paul_KD7HB:

Paul

32V is not enough for EL-backlight, also you won't find EL-backlight in a modern device like OP's printer.

32V could be for a series-strung bunch of white LED's for the backlight, or the LCD-driving voltage.

HP is also notorious for using custom designed display modules, so datasheets are not in the wild.

Display has no memory and needs to be refreshed at about 20-25MHz not to flicker. Arduino does not have memory to keep even a single frame.

Waste of time. Would not work.

// Per.