[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

What is the difference between this ERW and the arduino software zip file 90.2 MB ?
I have installed this ERW today for Uno 3. I need that arduino software also ?

MohitJindal:
What is the difference between this ERW and the arduino software zip file 90.2 MB ?
I have installed this ERW today for Uno 3. I need that arduino software also ?

No, you do not need the 90 mb one. I trimmed the official one XD

Hi,

I think the idea of a windows setup.exe is a good one, I do something similar myself, http://www.kicchip.co.uk/download/arduino/1.0.1/setup.exe but yours seems to have more features than mine.

One reason I used an installer was so that the installation path could be stored in the windows registry, that way my other software knows where to look for all the arduino related files. Is that a feature you could add to your setup so I could use yours instead?

P.S I use inno for my setup.

michaelcollier:
Hi,

I think the idea of a windows setup.exe is a good one, I do something similar myself, http://www.kicchip.co.uk/download/arduino/1.0.1/setup.exe but yours seems to have more features than mine.

One reason I used an installer was so that the installation path could be stored in the windows registry, that way my other software knows where to look for all the arduino related files. Is that a feature you could add to your setup so I could use yours instead?

P.S I use inno for my setup.

Well, what specifically you need? Because as this package includes an installer you can always get the path from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<Wow6432Node for x64 machines>\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{APP GUID FROM INNO SCRIPT}_is1

In this package the GUID I used is:

8220E838-DFF3-45AA-B338-EC34684489EA

And I will use that one forever. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, I'm on my laptop so can't check the key I was writing to exactly, but basically I was storing the arduino IDE version as the key and the exectable path for arduino.exe for that version

"Registry Key"/Arduino/Version/1.0.1.0 ExePath "C:\ProgramFiles\Arduino1.0.1

My applications need to be able to scroll through all versions of installed arduino so a key is created for each install as above.

michaelcollier:
Thanks for the info, I'm on my laptop so can't check the key I was writing to exactly, but basically I was storing the arduino IDE version as the key and the exectable path for arduino.exe for that version

"Registry Key"/Arduino/Version/1.0.1.0 ExePath "C:\ProgramFiles\Arduino1.0.1

My applications need to be able to scroll through all versions of installed arduino so a key is created for each install as above.

Well, I am not particulary fan of adding things to registry. In fact I haven't added anything in the setup extra to any directory or registry rater than the ultra-required one, like unninstaller.

I am sure that you have more than enough info in the registry to autodetect last version XD

Captura.PNG

Thanks for the screenshot, I need all installed versions not just the latest, when you run your setup for the next version of Arduino (maybe 1.0.1.a or something) will it produce a second set of data as per the first screenshot, or will it overwrite that information? If it produces a second set of data for 1.0.1.a then that should be ok for me. I can see why you would want to avoid writing to the registry, it is not something I do often myself.

Sorry, you are already on 1.0.1.a so please apply the previous question to 1.0.1.b (I am 1 version behind you)

michaelcollier:
Thanks for the screenshot, I need all installed versions not just the latest, when you run your setup for the next version of Arduino (maybe 1.0.1.a or something) will it produce a second set of data as per the first screenshot, or will it overwrite that information? If it produces a second set of data for 1.0.1.a then that should be ok for me. I can see why you would want to avoid writing to the registry, it is not something I do often myself.

Yes, it is always updated to last version. In fact most apps you can find do this (or the app itself keeps the HKCU structure updated on every run).

OK thanks, I'll have to stick with what I have for the moment then, my application needs to be able to scroll through all Arduino versions and directories, users need to be able to install older Arduino versions alongside newer versions, so overwriting the current installation info won't work for me but would be fine for everyone else I guess, cheers, Mike

Updated today!

New shiny WINAVR, please test it :wink: I only have MEGA and Uno but all my sketches are compiling and getting smaller sizes :smiley:

Where is the "New Code" the "New shiny WINAVR"... I downloaded the Aug 13 version...

Doc

Docedison:
Where is the "New Code" the "New shiny WINAVR"... I downloaded the Aug 13 version...

Doc

Below big red download text in the first message.

Hello! I am working on a library installer now! for the manager, it looks like this:

It can install compressed libraries and uncompressed ones:

If the library is not on the first folder (for example if there are other subfolders or files), it will look for it inside and even fix the name to match Arduino library guidelines:

And if the library is old, it will try to fix it:

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated :slight_smile:

Some ideas:

1. baudrate checker (baudrate vs. crystal frequency with an brate error, ie "8MHz and 115k2 used - error of 7.8% !")
  2. pin assignment checker (ie you'll get a window with actual pin assignment with input/outputs and pin names indication coming from the source, maybe with possible collisions based on the board used - ie "wrong Sdcard SPI pins used", "wrong I2C pins used")
  3. something more complex - for DIY boards - an automatic system for DIY_board_name<->arduino_pin<->atmega_chip_pin management (ie for easy creation of your own variants with some checks)
    :slight_smile:
    Chips supported: atmega32, atmega328p, atmega1284p (both 44pin smt and dil40), atmega128, atmega1280, atmega2560.

pito:
Some ideas:

1. baudrate checker (baudrate vs. crystal frequency with an brate error, ie "8MHz and 115k2 used - error of 7.8% !")
  2. pin assignment checker (ie you'll get a window with actual pin assignment with input/outputs and pin names indication coming from the source, maybe with possible collisions based on the board used - ie "wrong Sdcard SPI pins used", "wrong I2C pins used")
  3. something more complex - for DIY boards - an automatic system for DIY_board_name<->arduino_pin<->atmega_chip_pin management (ie for easy creation of your own variants with some checks)
    :slight_smile:
    Chips supported: atmega32, atmega328p, atmega1284p (both 44pin smt and dil40), atmega128, atmega1280, atmega2560.

Hi,

1. Sounds nice, like a board manager right? (Duplicate, Delete, edit)
    I don't quite undestand the first 2 ones, but if you can explain a bit more where to get that data I will understand

mega spot on

a windows installer was sadly missing,
makes arduino much easier to install for the new bee that arduino is aimed at.

have not tried (c) yet, but the memory free check is a great add on, as is the lib manager.
all should be in the 'full' arduino path / set up me thinks,

( is anyone listening ? )

drjiohnsmith:
have not tried (c) yet, but the memory free check is a great add on, as is the lib manager.******
all should be in the 'full' arduino path / set up me thinks,

( is anyone listening ? )

What do you mean? where the library manager do his things?

****** don't forget the driver installer for novices :smiley:

Hi

in my bad english I was trying to say well done,

the lib manager I had not seen till your (c) release,
and the installer is great,

( any chance of an uninstaller to complete the process )