Need testers for a new IDE

Thank you for the feedback. That's the only way it will get better.

The clone button on the examples panel didn't work. I just implemented the code and pushed out a commit. In the newest build should work now. Press the clone button to open up a new instance of that example sketch. Eventually I'd like to make the example search be full text, including the example source, but for now it's just the description and tags.

Regarding the compile error, can you tell me more? Does c:\tmp not exist on your computer? I may need to find a different way of calculating the temp directories that is cross platform.

The window settings are stored per sketch. If it's not remembering them then it's because it's not saving the settings for some reason. Can you send me some console logs?

The keystrokes are hard coded right now for the Mac. ^C and ^V work only because they are built into Java. I will to create a new set for Windows. Since I'm not a regular Windows user I could use some suggestions on what you would like.

Thanks!

• Josh

Graynomad:
OK, downloaded and runs.

First thing, it looks good, I don't often use the IDE but when I do I'm inclined to use this one just because it is a more modern look and feel.

There is a list of examples in the right panel, how do you load them? Clicking, double-clicking, clicking the "Clone" button all have no obvious affect.

So to get some source code I ran the normal IDE to get the blink sketch.

It fails to compile

INFO: assembling sketch in directory: C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Arduino\Blink

INFO: using temp dir: C:\tmp\blah
INFO: generating C/C++ file: C:\tmp\blah\Blink.cpp
INFO: error!
INFO: null
INFO: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.joshondesign.arduino.common.CompileTask.assemble(CompileTask.java:129)
at com.joshondesign.arduinox.Actions$2$1.run(Actions.java:73)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Turns out C:\tmp\blah\Blink.cpp does not exist, at least not after the event but it may have been cleaned up.

I just repeated the exercise and the first line is now

INFO: assembling sketch in directory: C:\ArduinoX\win

A different folder to the last time.

Also it doesn't remember the window location and size and ^A doesn't highlight all the text even though the menu option does. ~~I assume the "Meta" key is not set for Windows?~~ ^C and ^V work.

_____
Rob