Eagle CAD can't route MAX3221 SSOP chip

I'm having a heck of a time using a MAX3221 with my design. Eagle refuses to route anything to it. I assume it's a signal path size issue and Eagle thinks the connections will be too large for the pins but changing various design rules doesn't seem to help me.

I'm hoping someone has some suggestions.

Thanks

Where'd the symbol come from?
Post the library, let's see what you're working with.

S-232 Transceivers with AutoShutdown
1µA Supply-Current, True +3V to +5.5V
http://dbserv.maxim-ic.com/

Package: SSOP16
Shrink Small Outline Package
package type SS

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5509596/maxim.lbr

I got it. I had to change the routing grid from 50 to 10.

Yeah, learn that one the hard way. I usually set it down even lower, like 2mil.

mancow:
I got it. I had to change the routing grid from 50 to 10.

That is one of the few things that angers me with Eagle. I have not figured out how to save the grid to a preference. Every time I bring the program up I have to remember to set the grid.

Great program otherwise.

You can create a Grid alias. Basically set the grid the way you want it. Then right-click on the Grid icon (it's at the very top, right under the Open one), select New and give it a name. Now regardless of what you're doing, regardless of what the current grid is, you can right-click on the grid icon and select the one you created. Voila. You can do this both for the board and schematic views.

KirAsh4:
You can create a Grid alias. Basically set the grid the way you want it. Then right-click on the Grid icon (it's at the very top, right under the Open one), select New and give it a name. Now regardless of what you're doing, regardless of what the current grid is, you can right-click on the grid icon and select the one you created. Voila. You can do this both for the board and schematic views.

That was easy! Does the grid name and setting follow the project or does it set the grid the same way every time you open Eagle?

It's saved with the program settings. Next time you open Eagle, just right click on the Grid button and select your default before you start doing anything. I have a few different settings this way for different purposes.

Thanks KirAsh4!