Is the arduino.org product a clone??

Is the arduino.org product a clone??

No, it's the original manufacturing partner spinning off and trying to steal the Arduino name with it.

You can easily find other articles like this. This forum is dedicated to Arduino.cc

The Arduino is an Open Source design so it is not illegal or immoral to make and sell copies (clones) provided that the Arduino Logo is not used to give the false impression it was made by the Arduino organiztion.

...R

Thank you both for your prompt reply. I received an e-mail from Amazon saying my order could be delivered with an Arduino.org product instead of the .cc, and my first reaction was ..oh no its not! I realize it is Open source but i could have bought a cheaper one made somewhere else, I chose to pay more for the one made in Italy, so I was wondering if they were trying to slip a fast one. Thanks again.

All the Best

rh

rhduino:
I chose to pay more for the one made in Italy, so I was wondering if they were trying to slip a fast one.

I don't know the answer to that.

Speaking personally, my original enthusiasm for supporting "made in Italy" Arduinos has largely evaporated due to the silly and unnecessary dispute between the founders.

...R

I chose to pay more for the one made in Italy,

They are both made in Italy.

But the .org are the ones who, according to .cc, withheld any royalty money for a year and then said that Massimo Banzai was stepping down from being the leader. Which was news to Massimo Banzai.

Grumpy_Mike:
They are both made in Italy.

It depends on where you are for .cc boards, they have regional manufacturers now. That was reportedly the cause of the split. Banzi and co. wanted to do regional manufacturing rather than having .org exclusively manufacture all of Arduino's boards(not including licensed variations such as SparkFun's Pro Mini). If you are in China(and other Asian countries) and you buy a .cc Uno it's made in China by Seeed Studio. If you're in USA it's made in the USA by Adafruit. And so forth, they are continuing to add more manufacturers.