help a robotter out! :)

Hi everybody! I'm a recently-discovered robot enthusiast! Could you hobbyists out there tell me which companies to purchase robotics from? THANK YOU!! :slight_smile:

robotlover17:
Hi everybody! I'm a recently-discovered robot enthusiast! Could you hobbyists out there tell me which companies to purchase robotics from? THANK YOU!! :slight_smile:

We need more specs:

1. What's your goal?

2. What's your budget?

...because I can show you possibilities that range from $100.00 to sky's-the-limit budget-wise without knowing what your plans or needs are.

Oh good point! I am trying to build a robot that can solve mazes for under $100.. I have a pretty tight budget right now lol! Any ideas? Thanks!! XD

to get some inspiration:

Theory

I was also going to suggest the Pololu 3pi, as a nice little self-contained robot that is
Arduino-compatible, so you don't have to shop all over the place to get something
working. However, you would have to buy a few extra sensors, as per the Ardumoto
robot.

If one is on a tight budget, one could get the arduino and sensors to start developing the needed code without buying the mobile platform. The mobile platform could be inexpensively made from continuous rotation servos, wood, hot glue, etc. Lots of examples on the internet.