Go Down

Topic: can't copy selected code when using select button for code tags window (Read 728 times) previous topic - next topic

cattledog

In the past day or so, when using the select button at the top left of the code tags window to select, copy and paste code which a poster has placed within code tags I find that he code is highlighted, but when I hit ctrl + c (Windows 10 , Chrome browser) the selected code does not copy for paste. cntrl + v only copies what was previously in the copy buffer.

I can successfully select, copy with scrolling over the text, but not with using the select button.

Code: [Select]

//why can't I copy this for pasting in the ide when I use the select button?

Does anyone else experience this?

larryd

Using <CTRL> <C> has a problem here.

Browser 'Chrome'

However, click (Select) then right click in the highlighted text and select COPY, works every time.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

cattledog

Thanks larryd.

I am also using the Chrome browser. Thanks for your solution

Ctrl + c used to work. Is it a Chrome issue, or a website issue?

MAS3

Must be a Chrome issue.

Your pseudo code copied fine here, using ctrl-c with Firefox (older Windows version).
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

sterretje

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

ballscrewbob

Also noted as an issue with chrome in CREATE editor recently so suspecting Chrome also.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

Same issue on an Android phone with chrome ;)
Either this has now been solved or I never knew how to do it; probably the latter.

Select; code is highlighted
Tap the highlighted code and the usual dialog shows

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

cattledog

Either this has now been solved
Yes, as of this morning <CTRL> <C> is copying the highlighted text from the select button for a code window.

I was comfortable with the right click and copy solution, but I prefer <CTRL> <C> .

Go Up