Go Down

Topic: Ads when viewing a thread (Read 671 times) previous topic - next topic

bigone5500

I noticed that when I view a thread, my ad blocker starts racking up on the blocked ads. This is the only time it does this. Any thread. Last time I looked it showed blocking about 150,000 ads. Surely this is incorrect...

pert

Does it tell you which URLs were blocked?

ballscrewbob

Really do need a lot more information to proceed but it sounds like your browser has been hijacked (not by Arduino).

You didnt say which browser but it sounds like it needs a full reset and you will probably need a full security sweep too.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

bigone5500

Sorry for late reply. As I am viewing this thread the counter is ticking away at what it thinks are ads being blocked. I am using Chrome version 60. I have nothing going on security wise. I am very adamant about keeping my PC safe. I can look around on arduino.cc all day long and until I open a thread, the ad blocker (AdBlock Plus) does nothing.

I can't see anywhere that it's actually blocking any ads though. At the time of posting this thread, it shows having blocked just over 50,000 ads....LOL!!!

ballscrewbob

Aug 30, 2017, 03:51 am Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 04:04 am by ballscrewbob
Even when the forum was only slightly askew there were only an occasional ad.

What does the chrome console say ?
It will give you the source urls or similar source scripts for adverts.

50,000 is nigh on impossible for a session on Arduino.cc as it would render your internet almost unusable.

Almost certain you are not looking at the correct things.
And now with that number almost 100% certain there is an issue at your end.

That you have "nothing going on security wise" would also indicate a possible open computer prone to some nefarious actions.

Have done a couple of extensive walk throughs with other users who often ended up digging out nasty items at thier end despite claims of clean machines.

Attaching it here and would appreciate a report back at each stage.
Beware it is time consuming but very worthwhile.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up