Go Down

Topic: Thread has disappeared? (Read 582 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Aug 30, 2017, 11:28 am Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 11:29 am by Robin2
I was composing a Reply to this Thread http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=490428 and got distracted by a phone call. When I got around to posting my reply the Thread had disappeared. The OP for the Thread is (I believe) @bitoff_arduino.

There were already over 70 Replies in the Thread and I don't recall any being abusive or inappropriate which might have caused a Moderator to delete the whole Thread.

Has it been removed deliberately, or by accident?  If the latter, can it be restored?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Coding Badly

Aug 30, 2017, 07:20 pm Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 11:54 pm by Coding Badly

Odd.  Be back in a few...

I'm going to wait to hear back from the guilty party.

GolamMostafa

There is a Bermuda Triangle in this Forum, which can only be defended by those Moderators who are bestowed with 'Privileges and Responsibilities.'

Coding Badly

Aug 30, 2017, 07:31 pm Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 07:32 pm by Coding Badly

...or, a moderator accidentally removed a thread because the user interface for this forum is poorly designed for touchscreens.

Nice attempt at spreading FUD.  Well.  Not really.

Robin2

Odd.  Be back in a few...

I'm going to wait to here back from the guilty party.
Does that mean it is lost forever?

Pity. It was an interesting problem.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Coding Badly

Does that mean it is lost forever?
Nope.  Just resting quietly in the recycle bin.  I just want to know if the removal was accidental (restore the thread) or deliberate (leave it where it is).

Robin2

Nope.  Just resting quietly in the recycle bin.  I just want to know if the removal was accidental (restore the thread) or deliberate (leave it where it is).
That's fine. I will leave you to pursue your enquiries.

I'm sure you will have figured that I reckon it is worth restoring.

...R

Coding Badly

Aug 30, 2017, 11:23 pm Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017, 12:08 am by Coding Badly
I'm sure you will have figured that I reckon it is worth restoring.
I agree with you but I don't have time right now to wade through multiple pages of posts / log entries nor do I have access to any personal messages that may have been exchanged.

Patience mon frère.

AWOL

Aug 30, 2017, 11:52 pm Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 11:52 pm by AWOL
Thread restored.
Apologies to the conspiracy theorists, but I think it must've just been down to FFS (Fat-Finger Syndrome), then I went shopping, and then I went diving.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Robin2

Thanks. I hope the OP appreciates our efforts on his behalf :)

...R

Go Up