Go Down

Topic: [Solved]Forum slow again? (Read 569 times) previous topic - next topic

sterretje

Sep 14, 2017, 08:02 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2017, 05:46 am by sterretje Reason: marked as solved
Did anybody experience that the forum is slow?

I end up with blank pages, have to refresh once or twice before I can view a page. Each time that I check with  F12 in firefox, it indicates a gateway timeout (504) on one of the requests.

I doubt it's relevant (504 errors are server errors to my knowledge and other sites seem to load OK) but I unfortunately had to give up my primary ISP and am using my secondary ISP as my primary ISP (which currently seems to be down :( ) and I'm now using my cellphone as a modem.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

ballscrewbob

A little sluggish but not slow.

Some tethered connections can be a bit flakey to say the least.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

Sorted now after my new primary ISP came back.

As I was using a WiFi tethered connection, there is a very good chance that you were right.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up