[SOLVED] Problems communicating with Sony PTZ Camera- VISCA protocol (RS232)

zoomkat:
So how do you know this? Did you use a loopback wire on the max232 cam side instead of the cam?

I unplugged the RS232 cable from the cam, and plugged it into my computer. When I send text thru USB serial connection (via Arduino Serial monitor), it shows up correctly on RS232 serial connection (Hyperterminal). Just read about loopback testing-- I'll have to try that, too.

Did you check if you have all the dipswitches on the bottom of the D70 in the OFF position? This would mean they all point to the back side of the camera.

Yes, all dipswitches are off.

I did a bit more reading about RealTerm and realized that the random website that told me to put commas between Hex codes seems to be incorrect. I'll try putting spaces between my hex codes ASAP.

Then to check it and to see how the commando structure works for the D70 you could download the evi d70 demo software from sony.

I tried this, but software only supports COM1 thru COM6. I tried changing the port assigned to the adapter, with no luck, but maybe I'll have another go at that if these other things don't work out...

Thanks for help folks, I'll get back once I try these things...