CWeight Sensors any help?

I'm looking for a Weight sensors with this requeriments

• As Cheapest as possible
  • Resistent to the adverse environments. The sensores will be placed outside and must be resistant to rain, wind, snow ...
  • Weight Range from 0 to 100 Kg or 220 lb.
  • Sensitivity from 30 to 50g more or less

I'd been searching some with these requirements but are for industrial applications.

the use of this is measuring the change of weight constantly through the time.

I would appreciate all ideas and posible sensors :slight_smile:

The stamped steel sensors on Ebay are the cheapest. You might need to spread the load over multiple sensors to get the 100Kg load bearing capability.

With a suitable enclosure there's no need for the load cell to be exposed to the weather. High humidity and temperature gradients are your main concerns.
Apply a liberal coating of bituminous paint then re-calibrate over the required temperature range.

Compensate for long term drift by setting up a duplicate system that you can fit with a series of known weights.

30g resolution outdoors it going to be tricky as the wind can easily apply that sort of positive/negative lift force depending on the shape of the thing you are weighing.

Is this for a beehive?

Google "beehive site:arduino.cc".
Leo..

30g over 100kg implies an ADC resolution of at least 12 bits.

Are you using a Due?

I assume OP will use a HX711 breakout board.
Leo..

TolpuddleSartre:
30g over 100kg implies an ADC resolution of at least 12 bits.

Are you using a Due?

Nope, i am using UNO so maybe i need change the board or buy a adc 12 bit resolution.
¿Some ideas, what the best/cheaper ways?

Wawa:
I assume OP will use a HX711 breakout board.
Leo..

Yes i will use HX711 and load cell from a scale.

mikb55:
Apply a liberal coating of bituminous paint then re-calibrate over the required temperature range.

Compensate for long term drift by setting up a duplicate system that you can fit with a series of known weights.

How can do that? i mean when the sensor is there, i can't remove the weight off the scale. There are some system to do that without remove the weight off?

Sorry for my inexperience but this is new for me.

Spartan_001:
Nope, i am using UNO so maybe i need change the board or buy a adc 12 bit resolution.

Yes i will use HX711 and load cell from a scale.

Then an Uno/Nano or even smaller will be fine, since the HX711 uses it's own 24-bit A/D.
Leo..