My Arduino documentation to share with others

Very good work. :slight_smile: Are you planing to develop on CANOPEN & MODBUS?

Awesome, thanks for sharing your work! Posted a link to this thread from my blog. Looking forward to your new web-site!

Excellent work.
My one concern is that a PDF is nearly instantly out-of-date when downloaded while webpages provide that "one" place for updating and expansion and the URL provides near instant access to the most current version. That being said, the PDF is nice for such devices as ereaders.

Ray

Evekites: That's a great resource. Thank you so much for it :slight_smile: I'm just getting started with Arduino and your documentation was very useful. Thanks again!

I downloaded this morning, but haven't had a proper look at it yet... looks good though. Thanks for the share.

I have downloaded it ,thanks!

Downloaded as well, good work keep it up!

Thank you so much for such an outstanding documentation.

Thanks I really appreciate it I'm newbie with Arduino this is a great help

i just downloaded it. thanks!

Thank you!!

Well done.

Hi Erik,

That's a very impressive document you've put together! Many thanks for all the hard work. I wanted to share a few resources with you and others that I've put together too.

You can find my Arduino thread I just wrote to share a few things here. Basically, I put together a bunch of materials and a lengthy Arduino demonstration sketch, for a 3-hr presentation/seminar I gave to about a dozen high school teachers, to help give them resources to help their students better learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=312901.0

Sincerely,
Gabriel Staples
www.ElectricRCAircraftGuy.com

Thank you Erick! Just downloaded. I am starting to use the Arduino architecture.
Maybe you are helpling third world countries (poor countries) to develop in the best way.

Best regards:

Andrés Vargas, EE from Costa Rica.

I update my documentation and added about 100 pages to it.

The link is still: bit.ly/eve_arduino

(ie a shortcut to Dropbox - Arduino documentation.pdf - Simplify your life documentation.pdf)

Current version 1.12.1: published november 4th 2015

Revision history:
Added Uploading the bootloader by using an Arduino as ISP
Added Adafruit 2.8 TFT Resistive Touch Shield v2
Added 2.4” TFT LCD Shield Touch Board
Added Attiny85 Digispark board
Added WS2812B RGB LED breakout-board (NeoPixels)
Added SoftEasyTransfer
Added NRF24L01 2.4GHZ Wireles Transceiver
Added a complete Section for ESP8266 Wi-Fi
Added a Section for communicating with the Raspberry Pi B
Added a Section for communicating with LEGO Mindstorms NXT
Updated ssome stuff for IED 1.6.5 (adding boards)
Corrected a truckload of typo's

I hope you like it.

Greetings,

Erik

Thanks for sharing!

Good work.

One regret: you indicate Imax = 40 mA per pin

This is what is indicated on the Arduino website but it is absolutely not in line with Atmel's datasheet .

Datasheet :
40 mA are "Absolute Maximum Rating".

Stresses beyond those listed under “Absolute Maximum Ratings” may cause permanent damage to the device. This is a stress rating only and functional operation of the device at these or other conditions beyond those indicated in the operational sections of this specification is not implied. Exposure to absolute maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.

The value indicated by Atmel in continuous operation only 20 mA per pin.
And simultaneously:

• max 200 mA on Vcc --> max current in the bondings
  • max 200 mA on GND --> max current in the bondings
  • max 150 mA per port
    So it is unthinkable to use more than three or four outputs simultaneously at 20 mA.

It is not finished :
With a current of 20 mA and @ 25 ° C, high level is no longer 5V but 4.5V ( ohm law apply to Rdon)
and the low level is not 0V but + 0,5V.
These results are degraded when the chip temperature increases.

I think it is necessary to advise beginners on this subject.

For the rest : good job.

68tjs:
Good work.

One regret: you indicate Imax = 40 mA per pin
40 mA are "Absolute Maximum Rating".
I think it is necessary to advise beginners on this subject.

Thanks for your remarks, I shall try to update my documentation.

Thanks Erik, useful information

I Updated my documentation with the following subjects:

The link is still: bit.ly/eve_arduino

(ie a shortcut to Dropbox - Arduino documentation.pdf - Simplify your life documentation.pdf)

Current version 1.13: published november 29th 2015

Revision history:
Finished Mindstorms NXT connection to Arduino (description of sample program and special connector).
Added description how to program the Boarduino
Added PS/2 keyboard
Updated libraries and made changes to samples where needed. Most libraries were installed through Library Manager, some were replaced, some were updated to newer version.
Added a section about Arduino IDE
Added a chapter about Libraries
Added a chapter about board management
Added Overview Libraries with a table showing all libraries used in this document. This way it is easier to maintain accessibility and to prevent 404-errors when following the links.
Added a chapter about the Serial Monitor. Sample sketches for both Output and Input
Added ESP8266 ESP-07 with IO Adapter Plate
Added NodeMCU ESP-12E Doit Devkit
Added description of the tool esptool-ck in the ESP8266 section.
Documented a problem with the USB-Serial cable with the PL203HX chip in combination with flashing firmware and uploading sketches to the ESP8266 modules
Changed several errors.
Added the remarks of user 68tjs about the iMax on the Arduino boards.

Greetings.

Erik Verberne