Wireless communication with the Arduino Robot using i2C , UNO and XBee

I have been trying for some time to communicate with the Arduino Robot remotely (i.e. without being tethered by the USB).

As a 'beginner', struggling with a lack of informtion on the Robot's pin-outs and no experience of iC2, I have now successfully managed to get the Robot's compassValue (Heading degrees) sent to a UNO (mounted on the Robot) via iC2.

The UNO is fitted with an XBee shield which sends this data (compassValue) wirelessly on to my laptop.

This is is my first experiment with the Arduino Robot and I hope to extend this further to allow two way remote communications.

If anyone is interested in the details please let me know.

In one of my robot projects I use an Uno with an Xbee shield for control and telemetry from / to a PC. The PC uses an Xbee module connected to a USB port, and the UNO (on the mobile robot) connects to a motor controller board (a Dagu TRex) over i2c. The Uno's purpose is primarily to facilitate the communications link, but I also use it to interpret some higher level commands from the PC (e.g., speed, direction) to the lower level commands needed by the motor controller (e.g., individual motor speeds, break settings, etc.).

If this is the type of thing you are interested in and you care to post more detail about what you are trying to do I will do what I can to help.