New spam detection in place - have you been banned?

The forum now has improved with more aggressive spam detection, along with automatic banning of accounts which are believed to be spam.

In the event that your account is banned, and you believe you did not post spam, please make a new account and post a reply here giving the name of the banned account so we can investigate.

The ban rules may need some fine-tuning, as we want to avoid false positives and also false negatives.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Someone with a certain amount of chutzpah posted spam as a response to this message. :slight_smile:

User deleted. :stuck_out_tongue:

This guy apparently is banned for an unknown reason: hamsafar_a85

See: An Error Has Occurred · Issue #3595 · arduino/Arduino · GitHub

Can a mod/admin please verify this account for him/her.

He doesn't look banned now. One of his recent posts had the word "lottery" in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can't tell you how many spam posts we get from new users with that keyword in it!

tariqulcba1:
please help me anyone and tell me why banned me?

Did you read Reply #4
I think you might safely draw the same conclusion.

...R

tariqulcba1:
Hi i am new user of internet and various forum site. i don't know how to the best use forum site. already some forum site have banned me on this site. please help me anyone and tell me why banned me?

You posted a message that you are banned? How did you do that?

putorjuy:
:frowning: I registered a new account to here.

Are you the same person as @tariqulcba1?

If so, how did you post Reply #5 if you were banned?

If not, please explain your comment.

...R

moderator: different IP

robtillaart:

moderator: different IP

Yet he appears to have replied to Nick's Reply #7

...R

The self-proclaimed "computer expert" can't even post a link to their own website either. :smiley:

Anyone smell spam?

Hello my Account "Voltage-Ranger" was banned. I wrote a demoprogramm for an Thermal-IR-Sensor and posted it under all Posts from people that had problems with this sensor. Technically maybe spam :frowning: but my intention was to help people.

Is it possible to re activate the Account for Voltage-Ranger?

Technically maybe spam

Posting more than once IS spam.

I appreciate your trying to help, but it is better to make a new post describing your solution - or add it to the end of the most recent thread about the issue, only. Copying and pasting the same post into multiple threads is likely to arise the ire of people who then report you as spamming. One thread at least seemed to be quite old, so you were basically necro'ing a thread to post your stuff under it.

It looks like someone un-banned your other account.

My other account is Clockworkmod. I was banned for spamming, without any notice. I do not know of any spam. I had 3 posts, all relevant and constructive. WHAT HAPPENED?

That other account has 16 times the word "idiot!" in its signature.
There are 3 visible posts by that account, by someone who doesn't seem to understand the difference between hardware and software serial ports on a chip, so that is for sure not the reason for being banned.

Your account (or even your pc) might have been hacked by some spammer, causing that other account to be banned now, and the spamming posts removed.
Also for sure, SHOUTING and SHOUTING will not help resolve this.

@HELP-ME - are you the guy that posted:

I have gotten away with spam on other websites until a moderator viewed it, because their filtering system couldn't detect repeating sequences of characters, such as "Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! ".

That's why you were banned. Now grow up and stop shouting at us in huge type.

I have gotten away with spam on other websites ...

Yes, well not here any longer. Any more shouting and you will be banned again.

MAS3:
That other account has 16 times the word "idiot!" in its signature.
There are 3 visible posts by that account, by someone who doesn't seem to understand the difference between hardware and software serial ports on a chip, so that is for sure not the reason for being banned.

Your account (or even your pc) might have been hacked by some spammer, causing that other account to be banned now, and the spamming posts removed.
Also for sure, SHOUTING and SHOUTING will not help resolve this.

I did not post about getting away with spam. I just discovered that my brother posted that "I got away with spam..." from my account as a prank. Also, I do not have "Idiot!" 16 times in my signature. I don't think I even have a signature. It seems accurate that "I am the guy who doesn't know the difference between hardware and software serial ports...." You said I was unbanned, but I was not.

The signature of Clockworkmod does in fact have "Idiot!" many times in the signature. It still does. I suggest instead of using huge fonts to shout at us here, that you shout at your brother. You are expected to be responsible for actions taken when logged into your account.

You might point out to your brother than his "prank" got you banned from a forum you were interested in, and it wasn't funny.

I have converted your ban to a partial ban - you can read posts and are not IP or email-address banned. I suggest making a new user (well, you already have) and try to keep your brother away from the keyboard.

My account has been banned, Strange as I don't think I've ever made a post.. Quarter should be the account name