Arduino Forum Member Rankings?

Hello!
I am wondering about how members of the Arduino Forum get ranked. I am a "Newbie". I think it has something to do with how many posts you make. Can someone tell me the names of all the rankings, how that ranking is achieved, etc.?
Thanks

The old forum...

This answers your question indirectly...

Some discussion...

We all have to start at the bottom and work our way up.
I was even ranked as a "Newbie" at first despite having over 40 years experience at this game.

Newbie is just "new on the forum". It doesn't say anything on your skills ( nor related to Arduino nor related to communication).
Don't think to much of it.

Best regards
Jantje

It's just new on the forum

New?
It has been on every version of the forum we have ever had.

grumpy
I'm sorry for my bad punctuation.
I meant : It's just: "new on the forum."
Best regards
JAatje

Don't think to much of it.

I like the rankings! Now I am Jr. Member after 19 days! But, maybe they should also based the rankings on something other than your posts (e.g. helpfulness of posts, posting rate, time spent online, etc.) At my current posting rate, I should be 5 gold star Brattain Member by 2026/07/26!

dkl65:
But, maybe they should also based the rankings on something other than your posts (e.g. helpfulness of posts, posting rate, time spent online, etc.)

Been there...
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,50142.0.html

dkl65

dkl65:
But, maybe they should also based the rankings on something other than your posts (e.g. helpfulness of posts, posting rate, time spent online, etc.)

I agree that in theory this would be better. But how would you implement it? None of these criteria are objective. Some are easy to influence.

For instance about the subjectivity of "helpfulness of posts" : Most experienced posters will create posts to make the person who asked a question to reflect about the subject. In other words: "They know the answer but they will only give a hint to have a learning experience." (Give them fish they have food today. Learn them to fish they have food forever.)
This is perceived very helpful by all; except -very often- by the person who needs the answer.

About "posting rate": The moderators do a tremendous effort keeping this forum spam free (and they do it for free). In this situation you do not want people to start posting just to upgrade their "tag".

Best regards
Jantje

The moderators do a tremendous effort keeping this forum spam free (and they do it for free).

What is meant by "spam"?

What is meant by "spam"?

Adverts for things, scams and rubbish.