Core 1.0.5 released

Core 1.0.5 for Curie boards (only Arduino/Genuino 101 ATM) has just been released :slight_smile:
You can update your existing core via Board Manager

CurieImu has become CurieIMU, receiving some "Arduinization" and API rationalization.
The website tutorials will be updated to use the new library in the next few days.

More infos can be found in the official changelog, but include the updated upload script which should solve most of the problems encountered with certain combinations of USB controller/OS

From now on, please make sure you are using the latest version before reporting any bug :smiley:

I just got my Genuino 101 today. I installed version 1.0.5 in the board manager and it did not work. I removed it and installed 1.0.4 and I was able to upload the blink sketch.

The error I had is this one :
Starting download script...
Flashing is taking longer than expected
Try pressing MASTER_RESET button
ERROR: Device is not responding.

Windows 7 64 bit using Arduino IDE v1.6.8

It seems another person have the same problem (troubleshooting thread)

I also had this problem, but the walkaround is simple:

make sure Arduino101 is connected to the computer

from windows control panel -> device manager -> search "PORTS (COM & LPT)" -> Select Arduino101 and right click "uninstall"

Disconnect and reconnect arduino 101, should reinstall the drivers

Hope it works! Erik

Core 1.0.5 worked "out of the box" with my Arduino 101. The Win installation package automatically uninstalled 1.0.4 before installing 1.0.5. To be save, I saved my Arduino libs in Docs and Program Files before starting the installation.

Mike, I didn't see your bus speed updates to i2c.c in the new core.

Core 1.0.5 works out of the box for my USB2.0 ports, however I do get the MASTER RESET error from USB3 ports. Issue seem to follow the ports consistently. Previous version 1.0.4 worked from both USB 3 and USB 2 ports.

Too bad I only have USB 3 ports on my laptop!

I have been having the same problems of not being able to upload but may have found the issue. I eventually fixed the issue by uninstalling everything and deleting the AppData\local\Arduino15 folder. I then manged to get the 101 working again after an initial Master Reset. I had no problems until I opened the same project in Visual Studio using Visual Micro and got the error below (Note the problem with the space in the username all the way through the log):

Compiling 'ProjectName' for 'Arduino/Genuino 101'
Binary sketch size: 50,026 bytes (used 25% of a 196,608 byte maximum) (4.67 secs)
Uploading to I/O board using 'COM6'
Starting download script...
Args to shell: [C:\Users\Firstname Lastname\AppData\Local\arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin C:\Users\Firstname Lastname\AppData\Local\V.Micro\Arduino\Builds\ProjectName\Intel_intel_arc32_arduino_101/ProjectName.ino.bin COM6 quiet]
Serial Port: Lastname\AppData\Local\V.Micro\Arduino\Builds\ProjectName\Intel_intel_arc32_arduino_101/ProjectName.ino.bin
BIN FILE C:\Users\Firstname
Waiting for device...
Device found!
Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
error clear_status
dfu-util 0.8
Upload failed
Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util@lists.gnumonks.org
Opening DFU capable USB device...
ID 8087:0aba
Run-time device DFU version 0011
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #7 ...
Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 14
dfuERROR, clearing status
ERROR: Upload failed on Lastname\AppData\Local\V.Micro\Arduino\Builds\ProjectName\Intel_intel_arc32_arduino_101/ProjectName.ino.bin

FredBlais:
Too bad I only have USB 3 ports on my laptop!

Have you tried seeing if you have a bios setting to make it usb 2?

On mine I have several options. You might also benefit from emulating usb 2.

CurieBle is changed to CurieBLE as well in addition to IMU change.
I tested after changing the old code, and upgrade is working fine

Does compiling take about 2 minutes 40, for everybody? (BLE LED)
Will there be an update that does not rebuild unchanged dependencies ?

Hi yusuf, the Hourly version of the IDE does not rebuild unchanged source files (and should be just ok for your problem). But 2.40 minutes is way too much, I noticed the same symptom once on a PC which had an antivirus scanning every temporary file produced by the build
Maybe you could try pausing the AV, check if the compile time diminishes and, if it happens, add some whitelist rule