Adding Buys & Sells subsection to Arduino forum.

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to add a simple Buy & Sell sections in the forum where members can trade things related to Arduino and electronics?

I am sure we all have some tools or parts or books that are just sitting in a cupboard and will be never used? I have a bar made of super strong plastics, called Thorlon, that cost me £50, which I bought for a project that never took off. Maybe somebody else in this forum could put it in a good use fir half a price?

Or one might want to trade his old scope to fund buying a new one?

Just an idea?

This has been discussed a few times but nothing ever happened before.

Hey I'm game. :slight_smile:

I have a bit of stuff to trade or sell

Yes indeed, I posted a similar thread a while ago.

For now, I just use my blog as a place to put it, and sometimes post here if it's important enough to me.

+1 for a for-sale section! im sure we've all bought the wrong part at one time or another or have a surplus of a particular item that could be beneficial to other board members instead of sitting around collecting dust bunnies. its not like anyone goes looking for used dev boards on craig's list ya know. :wink:
-sj

that is exactly my point. I have loads of stuff like that.

We need this soon!

I fell into the ebay trap again last week, sold some stuff and it doesn't tell you unless you look really hard, that they're going to take 10% of what you sell your product for as well as everything else they charge you for.

Bastards! >:(

Well, it is more like 7-8%, including PayPal's fee.

But than they gave you an exposure to millions of people.

Well, it is more like 7-8%, including PayPal's fee.

But than they gave you an exposure to millions of people.

Well selling for £70 they charged my £7... >:(
I think it depends on the item value.
Plus £0.25 buy it now fee, no listing fee though thankfully, I managed to get on in a free weekend.

Yeah, ebay has disadvantages. I might start trying to sell Arduino stuff here instead :P.

i buy and sell stuff on rcgroups a lot. much simpler & cheaper than ebay!