Triggernig a camera by a sonar, what's the right camera?

Hi,

I would like to take picture triggered by a sonar sensor.

I already connect the sonar to my reflex camera and take the pictures I need, but I have to take a lot of picture and the reflex camera will be broken within some day (the mirror mechanics works only 150.000 pictures). smiley-cry smiley-cry smiley-cry

I need high quality picture (1280x1024 ca).

I read about industrial camera and frame grabber but I didn't find something that work with low power consumption and store data in a SD card. smiley-eek-blue

Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks,

Marsangola

Google Bushnell camera traps

Thanks Groove,

5 mega pixel are good, but the PIR sensor doesn't work for me.

I'd like to take pictures of cars in the street only when a car pass near the sensor. The PIR takes pictures of every things that's is moving.

But the idea could be a good one.

May be I need a fast camera (no more than 200 milliseconds between trigger a the shot) and an SD to store the jpg. I'm going to google a lot.

Thanks for your help.

Have a look at CHDK for the Canon compact cameras.
I run it on my IXUS-75, you only need to put 3V across the USB terminals to fire the camera.
If you don't already have a Canon, print out the capability guide and take it with you when you go shopping!

I think Terry King has a project with camera triggered maybe by photo gates. Hope he's around to answer this question. :slight_smile:

cyberteque:
Have a look at CHDK for the Canon compact cameras.
I run it on my IXUS-75, you only need to put 3V across the USB terminals to fire the camera.

CHDK's great. I do the same with some little Powershot A460 cameras, and you can get a good few thousand JPG images on an 8GB SDHC card.

I'm curious as to the purpose though, is this for some kind of ANPR system?