Who's tried the CapSense library?

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/CapSense

Looks very interesting and looks like a lot of potential here for some real world applications.... i wish a shield was made for this... only joking i'm not that lazy.....?

:smiley:

Works on my simple setup.

I was thinking of hiding the foil behind a wooden beam and depending of the locations you secretly place them have a safe open or a solenoid unlock the door, should not be all that difficult... another idea is to put it on the inside of a seat to see if a person is sitting down at the desk or not, even security sensors walking in and detecting them (cheap right?)

Behind wood is fine. Just use a large enough resistor. I only have 1Mohm so I have to touch the metal to get good reading. If you use 10Mohm and use more cycles in the sense, you should be able to sense a whole body nearby.

My next project is a set of tank gauges that actually work on my 5th wheel. Looks simple enough.

Just a side note, there is a capsense shield for the TI430 Launchpad. Please Arduino fanatics, don't shoot me!
TomJ

Tumbleweed:
My next project is a set of tank gauges that actually work on my 5th wheel. Looks simple enough.

Just a side note, there is a capsense shield for the TI430 Launchpad. Please Arduino fanatics, don't shoot me!
TomJ

A link please if you want to live :wink: