Current Date & Serial Data

Hello,

Is there a way to display the current date and time with Arduino Uno (or another Arduino brand board) without being connected to a computer? If so, which Arduino board can do this? I am not sure if I need another chip/module as I would think this may need a battery. If you have an example code for this, please post it here as well. I will be saving the current date/time and other data to my data logger that's connected to the tx/rx connection.

You need an RTC module or some sort of network connection shield (Ethernet/WiFi) for NTP.

Thank you. I thought the same thing. I searched for this topic on the forum and someone mentioned there was a way to code for it, but they didn't mention that they had a module or were connected to a computer. I appreciate your time.

This one has a nice RTC - Adafruit Data logging shield for Arduino [v1.0] : ID 243 : $24.80 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits - and a tutorial (one of the tabs)

For the ultimate of datalogging go into YouTube and look for "Arduino Wireless Temperature Data Logger - Alex Stranz" but I don't think the code is published
Cheers