Arduino control nikon via USB?

Hi first post here,

Looking to build a intervalmeter for timelaspe using bulb ramping and iso adjustments. Has anyone or is it possible to use the arduino to control a nikon d90 via USB using the nikon SDK to automatically change the iso? I've already made a intervalmeter that does simple bulb control using a hack about remote shutte release but it would be so valuable to be able to change the iso, I've contacted the guy who designed sofortbild for the mac and he suggested using the downloadable nikon sdk which is what he used to create the app.

Thank you

Karl

It is not easy because the arduino does not have a host USB port, that is it is not a port that can control anything it just looks like a serial port.
There is a host shield but the driving software is likely to be complex before you can even start your application.

Kadamonkey:
is it possible to use the arduino to control a nikon d90 via USB using the nikon SDK to automatically change the iso?

You'll need a USB Host Shield, I found the following reference to Nikon control but there'll probably be others on the same site: http://www.circuitsathome.com/camera-control/generic-ptp-control-of-digital-cameras

--Philip;