Go Down

Topic: PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features) (Read 91506 times) previous topic - next topic

NetDevil

Hi guys,
first of all sorry for not replying to any message so far - I didn't get a single mail notification and thought PLX DAQ is just running fine and smooth :-)

I'll recheck the thread more frequently from now on.

Excel seems to keep crashing on me. Is it bc of my sample rate? CPU usage goes up to 60% while the app is running but doesn't seem to be draining resources completely. It collects data for about 400 rows and then crashes. I tried baud rate 9600 and 115200. It seems to be more stable if I increase the delay to 100ms (sampling rate of 10Hz) But realistically I need to sample at least 50Hz.
Hi Jarus,

sadly that is a commonly known issue I hope I'll find the time to work on any time soon. For now however the only know workaround is to try to minimize load on the communication by adding delays (~50ms) and running on low baud rates (around 9600). That way most of the tests were running stable. Not using autoscroll might help (not sure). Also don't use Excel while communication is ongoing. Like don't click into cells, don't move the Excel window around, don't move PLX DAQ window around. Doing any of that kind of "locks" Excel for the time being and can heavily mess with the input buffer and cause problems.

If you need anything more just let me know.

Greetings

Jonathan

dynamos

Hello,

Thank you for this application "free and without advertising"

My Excel sheet does not fill,
but I have all the information received on the serial port (3)
and on the direct debug of the PLX-DAQ app.

https://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/18/28/13/45/affich12.png

https://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/18/28/13/45/plx-da11.png

(windows 10/64, excel 2016)

Do you have a solution to offer me?

Thank you

Sorry for my very bad English, I'm French (Google translate)

NetDevil

Hi dynamos,

please make sure to use the correct PLX DAQ syntax. It is described in the Beginners Guide Word document included in my post of version 2.11 (link to post))

Basically it is important to use:

• Serial.println("CLEARSHEET"); // clears starting at row 1
  • Serial.println("LABEL,Date,Time,YourColumns1,YourColumn2,YourColumn3,MilliSeconds");
  • Serial.println( (String) "DATA,DATE,TIME," +  "SomeTextA," + "SomeTextB," + "SomeTextC," + millis() );

First clear the sheet
Seconds define your column headins
Third send your data (put that in your loop and replace the "SomeText" with your variables

Greetings

Jonathan

dynamos

Thank you Jonathan for your answer,

I move forward, I now have a display but not the results

If you have an idea?

As you can see I start in the program

NetDevil

Well yeah,

your loop contains "CLEARSHEET" - thus you delete all your data before sending new :-) Clearsheet should be used at the beginning of your code only once (e.g., in Arduino init function).

Also in DirectDebugWindow I still see some non-PLXDAQ confirm data being posted. You should check your serial.println in order not to send too many unused data over the cable (will decrease stability)

Natha7

Hi NetDevil,

I am getting the following Error when trying to connect to my Arduino Uno:

"Error open port

COM Error: Error(5): CommOpen (CreateFile) -Access denied

Aborting!"

Do you have any idea of what could be the matter? I folloed the steps in your guide but I still cannot fix it x.x

Thank you very much in advance,

Natalia

Edit: Problem was solved connecting and disconnecting Arduino. Thanks again for making this awesome program.

NetDevil

I am getting the following Error when trying to connect to my Arduino Uno:

"Error open port
COM Error: Error(5): CommOpen (CreateFile) -Access denied
Aborting!"

Edit: Problem was solved connecting and disconnecting Arduino. Thanks again for making this awesome program.
Hi Natalia,
you've figured it out already on your own, but nevertheless here is the answer for all future users having the same problem:

• There can only be one active connection per COM port per time. In case you don't "Disconnect" correctly in PLX DAQ (e.g., because of an Excel crash) you'll have to unplug and re-plug the USB cable to your Arduino.
  • This error can occur as well in case you have the SerialMonitor of Arduino IDE open when trying to connect with PLX DAQ => 2 connections won't work then.

Greetings and thanks a lot for your feedback :)  

jhale005

Hi
Having some trouble opening the PLX-DAQ-v2.11.xlsm file.

I am using windows 10, But , have access to Excel 2003.

I have an earlier version of PLX-DAQ (cersion 1 I think).  This one appears to work following installation (.exe). 

Is there something I am leaving out???

Thanks in advance.

John

NetDevil

Hi John
in case you need support you must provide some more details. Like a screenshot or an error message or some me text.
That way it is impossible to help you.

Trickyriky

hi all, have been playing with plx-daq V2.11 and must say i am very impressed (massive thank you), but does the autoscroll feature actually work with windows 7 (ultimate if counts) and excel 2010?

I have tried to work off the example, but just can not get excel to autoscroll.

NetDevil

Hi Trickyriky,

thank you very much for the feedback :) And I have to give it back to you as well: you got yourself a point there.

=> AUTOSCROLL relies on VBAs ActiveWindow.ScrollRow feature which was added in Office 2013 and does not work on any earlier version.

That is mentioned in the source code of PLX DAQ but neither in any of my posts nor in the Beginners Guide. In case I ever release v2.12 I'll try to remember to include that at a more popular position.

Greetings

Trickyriky

Hi Trickyriky,

thank you very much for the feedback :) And I have to give it back to you as well: you got yourself a point there.

=> AUTOSCROLL relies on VBAs ActiveWindow.ScrollRow feature which was added in Office 2013 and does not work on any earlier version.

That is mentioned in the source code of PLX DAQ but neither in any of my posts nor in the Beginners Guide. In case I ever release v2.12 I'll try to remember to include that at a more popular position.

Greetings
Thank you very much for the ultra fast reply, now i know its not me i can stop playing and wait patiently.
In case your interested, your macro is logging the dataset of my home solar monitor, SysVoltage, Ampsin, Ampsout, Wattsin, Wattsout, Ah in, Ah out, Watthours in, Watthous out, and some time values. Eventually (posty dependent) it will also be monitoring the AC side of the system and my grid supply.

Again i thank you. :)

vicolula

Hello

Thanks for your program is really useful.

I have a problem when I try to add to my program, I am reading a flow sensor and the code works well but I'm not able to see the data in excel. I can see it on the direct debug window so I know is working but does not apear in the columns. In the control message box appears "setting labels".

What am I doing wrong?  I add a copy of my program

thanks

unsigned long runTime;
int flowMeter = A0;              //analog pin 0
int Vo = 2500;                    // when U=0uL/min V=2.5V

void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600);
 Serial.println("CLEARDATA");
 Serial.println("LABEL, Time, Flow");

}

void loop() {

int Signal = analogRead (flowMeter); //read analog signal 0-1023
   int V = Signal * (6000 / 1023);   // signal in mV
     int Vs = V-Vo;                    // signal establishing 0
     float Vs2 = Vs/1000.0;
    int flow = Vs2 * 3171;        // 3171 nL/min/ 1V

runTime = millis();

Serial.print (runTime);      //show time ms

Serial.println(flow); //show average flow

delay (500);

}

NetDevil

@vicolula: you are using Arduino standard syntax. Please take a look into the Beginners Guide included in PLX DAQ as well as these posts where the same issue was solved: first post and second post.

@Trickyriky: thanks a lot for sharing your project :) it is always great to know what people are using the software for :) I really enjoy to get to know the different kind of projects and ideas and programs people are able to achieve thanks to Arduino :) Hopefully your solar system produces at least more energy than your Arduino consumes  :smiley-mr-green:

dran11

Hi,

I am having problem with the new PLX-DAQ : It cannot start serial transmission. There is no any activity in the PLX debug window. Although, everything looks fine when the serial on the same port is observed through some other Win Serial port monitors. Therefore I assume it is macro /excel problem with serial port opening.

I am using 64bit Win7 and Win10 , Excel 2010.
Tried all PLX  2.x versions. After pressing CONNECT button, controller message says "Timer reset"..no any data in debug window. The Excel macros and Active x are enabled. Excel never asks for permission as all settings in Trust center are enabled.

By the way, The original Paralax PLX-DAQ (uploaded on Paralax website 2014) works fine with same Excel 2010 , on both win7/10.

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Go Up