Go Down

Topic: How to download the current blink sketch off of a Mega 2650 and view on a PC (Read 306 times) previous topic - next topic

afav8tor

I have a used Mega 2650 and I want to download the current blink sketch so I can save it to upload to a new board. How do I do that?

Robin2

It is not worth the trouble. All you could get from the Mega is the HEX code that was created by the compiler. It would be quite meaningless to a human.

The simple thing to do is to compile and upload the same program again for the other Arduino.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

CrossRoads

There avrdude commands you can run to save a .hex file from a board. Then you can upload that hex file with a Programmer. I don't know if the IDE supports the hex file copying or the hex file loading, play in the menu and see what you can find.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Whandall

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. (D.Adams)

Go Up