PinChangeInt within a custom library

Hi,
Do you have some diodes and breadboard to prototype a very simple 'channel multiplexer' ?

To make a small and fast library I wanted to read all channels through a single pin, as my receivers do not provide a raw output, I wanted to do this by routing all of the channels through diodes to INT0. The diodes are there to stop all of the channels that are low from sinking the channel which is high. This worked for Spectrum receivers, but not for Futaba.

The Spectrum receivers have a small gap between one channel pulse ending and the next starting, with Futaba, the change over is too fast for the Arduino to detect on a single pin.

The solution is very simple, route consecutive pulses to alternating pins, as a result I have a small and fast library that is able to read six RC Channels using just two pins. It also generates upto six output channels, in the next version I will provide upto 9 output channels.

Let me know if you are willing and ready to get your hands dirty and I will provide a link with more details.

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com