How to amplify tone output

Im trying to create an arduino cable tester. It would generate a tone that is put put on two conductors and "sniffed" with an existing cable tester. Would using the arduino tone functions be sufficient or would it need to go into an amplifier? If so what would be a simple amp that I could use?

Thanks

What kind of signal, voltage, and current does your existing cable tester need?

DVDdoug:
What kind of signal, voltage, and current does your existing cable tester need?

Hi, thanks for the response. Sorry I did not get your reply notification.

Requirements are not to specific, just needs to be on the higher end of the spectrum. They typically make a "siren" type sound. Here is an example
Commercial equivalents such as this run off a 9 volt battery. As far as current goes im not sure.

Here is an example of what Im trying to accomplish. The inductive amplifier can pickup the tone since its so close but if I where to add say a 300' wire to the circuits than it would require amplification. Does anyone know of an example circuit that would do this or possible there is just one single component that would accomplish this.

you need something like this , up to 5km, google -twisted pair maxim differential amp

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1NCHB_en&biw=1440&bih=787&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=As3PWqzPLonejwT6_IOYDQ&q=+twisted+pair+maxim+differential+amp&oq=+twisted+pair+maxim+differential+amp&gs_l=psy-ab.3...416958.416958.0.417223.1.1.0.0.0.0.84.84.1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.1I5G_Q1hzz0

you can use transistor, few resistors, capacitors and diode...
try googling amplifier circuit schematic.