Cool Tools thread

My 4 essentials Side cutters by Erem, Very Pricey... But you will only EVER buy one of them, I used a pair for 20+ years.
Good small and large Screwdirvers, BuY Craftsman (Sears) or Proto... If they Still have that lifetime Guarantee
Soldering Iron, I've used a Hakko 926 for 10 years... the same one too temp controlled and great tips of ALL descriptions, Only replaced one heating element and one soldering iron... The Iron cost me $19 - $20 dollars... $69.00 New was what I paid for the Iron.
DMM Fluke 179 Very Pricey @ $250 - $300 for a new one. (My Toy) there are many good DMM's available but a good used fluke will Never break (Had 5 in my working career) 4 were stolen anlong with my good sidecutters. In the US are Hunter tools, not real cheap but very durable. Craftsman makes a great set of Electronics tools nopw too.
O'Scope... Go get a Tektronics 2213 or 2235. Analog, Both but Very servicable the 2213 can be had for $60 - $80 and the 2235 is about $100 $120.00 usually they are checked out and are close to accurate cal with a nominal guarantee. You can find them from used equipment dealers on Ebay. I've only repaired one so far in 20 years...
Well worth the money.
In my experience a good set of tools is if taken care of well (Not Abused, like cutting guitar strings) are really extensions of your mind.
Cheap tools are for me Dangerous and usually more trouble than they are worth. I am however a retired engineer and these tools were the minimums that I would work with. Unfortunately I have no experience with much that is European in manufacture. Probably buying inexpensive tools is a waste of money as they frequently need replacement, usually when there are no stores open or around. But Always buy the best you can easily afford. I don't buy many tool very often but I try real hard to buy the best I can afford. Living on a pension requires some life style changes.

Doc