Need help with my project!

Hello! I need professional's help! I am new in dealing with electronics. I would like to know can Arduino be the answer on my problem. I am designing a product with following functionality. DC battery(3-6V?)-switch (on/off)-sensor(micro?)-switch-pos 1. speaker with peep voice, pos 2 speaker with peep voice and motor. Functionality should go like this: when sensor activates, the current will continue going through even if the sensor deactivates. The whole appliance should be quite small. Torque of the motor doesn't have to be more than 5-10Nm. One problem that I don't know how to solve is that: there is a rope around the reel, at the beginning the rope should be taken from the reel by pulling or by the motor, and when the motor rolls the rope back, it should stop when the rope is back on the reel. Sorry that my termonology is poor, but I would appreciate if someone could help in this topic and the best possibility is that someone could offer me the right pieces to fulfill my need and tell how to program them work right. Attached a picture i made of the logic(probably missing some parts?). :o

Logic.JPG

Rope goes through a hole in a plate that is hinged on one side. Rope has a knot in the end. When rope is wound so know reaches hole and moves plate, moving a microswitch to stop the motor.

Paul