Go Down

Topic: Arduino Lightsaber (Read 324506 times) previous topic - next topic

Messiahlad

Dec 11, 2017, 02:21 am Last Edit: Dec 11, 2017, 11:26 pm by Messiahlad
Now I really want to hear your chocobo R2 sound...

Its the one you have provided in SF01_VanillaLyte\ 00boot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzvcg32jmmwop0s/00_boot.wav?dl=0

now compare that to the Chocobo "wark" sound...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb4bzwsh5g6gw70/Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20Sound%20Effects%20-%20Chocobo%20Wark.mp3?dl=0

They sound similar to me ::)

IGOR0509

Can I use the mpu6050 to detect clashes???  How?

Messiahlad

I know it can as LSOS or fxsaberOS uses it for clashes.

Personally I haven't had the time to investigate how this is achieved, but between the examples from Jakesoft, neskweek (and his videos) or the the other examples around I hope you find out.

Best of luck, as running my own code for it or ADXL modules is something I wish to create as well.

Protonerd

Can I use the mpu6050 to detect clashes???  How?
Yes, it can be used, check the code in FX-SaberOS on GitHub. Currently clash detection is based on interrupt bit polling, but I really hope that I can change it to real interrupt based clashes. There I still need to do some research. There is a clash interrupt, but the last time I was playing with it, it was always overshadowed by a fixed frequency bus interrupt which I still need to figure out how to disable.

mendy

Hi guys! I just want to let you know that I sincerely appreciate all the input here specially to Jakesoft and Protonerd (obviously). You guys are legends! I was basically a COMPLETE NOOB at both coding as well as the arduino environment a month ago but I just really wanted to learn because I really wanted to make a lightsaber for myself.

I haven't gotten around to making everything work yet. But I have managed to turn the light saber on and off and flicker with the aux button as well as access the config menu but I have 2 major problems: I cant seem to get the sound working and with that, I obviously also don't know if my MPU6050 is detecting the swings as well.

I am using:
Arduino Nano 3.2
MPU6050D
DFPlayer
2 Buttons
60 Neopixel

I drag and dropped the sound font to my 32gb micro SD card and it looked like (the attached).

I have been on this problem for the past 3 weeks and I sincerely am stuck. Any suggestions?

Justicezz

Jan 09, 2018, 08:28 pm Last Edit: Jan 09, 2018, 08:33 pm by Justicezz
I drag and dropped the sound font to my 32gb micro SD card and it looked like (the attached).

I have been on this problem for the past 3 weeks and I sincerely am stuck. Any suggestions?

transfer 1 folder in which there are data folders

Problem when using fxsaberos, the color of the blade does not change the same as on the tip

Protonerd

Hi guys! I just want to let you know that I sincerely appreciate all the input here specially to Jakesoft and Protonerd (obviously). You guys are legends! I was basically a COMPLETE NOOB at both coding as well as the arduino environment a month ago but I just really wanted to learn because I really wanted to make a lightsaber for myself.

I haven't gotten around to making everything work yet. But I have managed to turn the light saber on and off and flicker with the aux button as well as access the config menu but I have 2 major problems: I cant seem to get the sound working and with that, I obviously also don't know if my MPU6050 is detecting the swings as well.

I am using:
Arduino Nano 3.2
MPU6050D
DFPlayer
2 Buttons
60 Neopixel

Have you reported this on GitHub? You might get a faster response there. You can also join our FB group FX-SaberOS.

Did you drag and drop in the right order? Did you follow the wiring in the Wiki of the GitHub made by jbkuma? Do you get any sound at all (like Config)?

RobbsyB

Hey,

I am having some issues with the sound of my lighsaber and was wondering if I made a stupid mistake.

When powering the setup, the following sounds are played:
DYIino Lightsaber, Main Color, Clash Color, NO, NO, NO, NO, DYIino Jukebox, DYIino Jukebox, ...

This only stops when I press the main button. Then I hear the Power On sound (once) and the saber starts humming. It also works fine when swinging or clashing and on Aux button press, the blast sound is played (once).
When I press the main button again, the Power Off sound is played continuously (until I press the main button again). Everything seems to work in action mode, but idle mode is acting weird. I copied all 7 folders extracted from SDCard.7z to my SD card using the drag & drop method.  I am really running out of ideas here. Hope you can give me some help!

My hardware:
Arduino Nano v3
DFPlayer Mini
MPU6050
no LED wired to the Ardunio at the moment

Firmware:
LSOS v1.5

I used the wiring diagam as shown in Schematic_std.png (in subfolder .\README\).
SPK+ to A0
SPK- to A1

In Config.h I defined
#define DIYINO_PRIME
//#define DIYINO_STARTDUST
//#define ARDUINO_HOMEBREW

Cheers,
Robert

IGOR0509

what type of Led should I use in my saber project.

JakeSoft

what type of Led should I use in my saber project.
It's hard to beat a Cree XPE2 star. A close second would be a Luxeon Rebel. Both come in a variety of colors.

IGOR0509

I'm having trouble making the code to play the lightsaber sound with the DFPlayer mini (still without the accelerometer). Could someone give me some tips, or send out a basic sketch. Thanks!!!

Protonerd

I'm having trouble making the code to play the lightsaber sound with the DFPlayer mini (still without the accelerometer). Could someone give me some tips, or send out a basic sketch. Thanks!!!

Which code? LSOS and FX-SaberOS will only work if both MPU and DFPlayer are present. Both are checked at the beginning and if any of them is missing, the code will stop. That probably explains your trouble.

IGOR0509

Which code? LSOS and FX-SaberOS will only work if both MPU and DFPlayer are present. Both are checked at the beginning and if any of them is missing, the code will stop. That probably explains your trouble.
Probably this is why Im having trouble. So, to make my saber On, Off, and humm sound effects,Do I have to create a code?

killkong1211

Hey all,

New to aduino, want to build myself a saber.
Going off the old parts list mostly: ATMEGA328P 3.3V 8MHz | WT588D-16p | 5050 LED stip
Wondering if someone can give me some pointers on where to start? haha

RobMonty

Hello all, I am new to all this..

Smart yes, but never did much of any electronics..

Anyhow, the first post on this section provides the code to be put onto the adruino board.
I was wondering in this zip file, are the audio sounds included or is there a link to the audio sounds that will fit on the sound board so im not creating my own for the most part as well as if provided they obviously would fit the chip, per their size already I would assume...

Ive seen some basics, adruino this and that... Just wondering if there is a complete tutorial out there as well for the electronics part of this...

Thanks, there are 90+ pages of posts so i thought id might ask if someone may have that info for me to not have to search every single post, haha

Rob

Go Up