Arduino Due pinouts photo

neslekkim:
Yes, everyone can see number 50 and 52.. but I don't see the text there as I found on the mega picture.

Yes, you are right. I remember now tht I didn't like the clarity of the text on the Mega picture (because it is on top of the PCB) and meant to do it in a clearer way for the Due.

Don't forget this fine screw terminal adapter :slight_smile:

$38/kit mailed to US locations. I just ordered more boards. Waiting on delivery of 5 from itead that are already paid for and going to Ireland.

Nantonos:
There is a dot on the pcb and also a mark on the photo (maybe it should be made more obvious though) and the pinouts are correct for that orientation.

Do we have different boards?, I'm not talking about the new spi header besides SAM, I'm talking about the other, new icsp header closer to the power connector.

Regarding the two spi thingys, one around pins 50-53 is that SPI0?, and the spi for samx, what is that?, I could not find out how to use either, and I mixed up when trying, using both.
Now I also see that the GND's around have different meaning, some for analog, some for digital.. are the gnd on the icsp and spi headers also different?

It's difficult labelling all the pins clearly when there are so many and they are both horizontal and vertical. In the case of the Mega/Due it may even need two diagrams to label ALL the pins with all their functions.

Rob

The labeling don't need to be overlayed on the board, your example from earlier, and the one I provided seems to be an better idea.

btw, attached here is the icsp header I was asking about, no dot's on my board. All the other headers around have the dot, not this one.
but if the pinout in the first picture is correct, I guess the dot should be on top left corner of the header.

neslekkim:
btw, attached here is the icsp header I was asking about, no dot's on my board. All the other headers around have the dot, not this one.
but if the pinout in the first picture is correct, I guess the dot should be on top left corner of the header.

My Due got the dot, it's actiually on the bottom right.

My first pass at a pinout diagram here for those interested in such matters

Rob

Nantonos:
Please report any errors, and I will fix them.

Colors indicate comparison to the Mega2560 which has a similar shield connector pinout. Green means the same as Mega2560. Red is for warnings. Orange shows new functionality:

• JTAG and SWD headers for debugging
  • DAC outputs
  • CAN bus
  • Two USB ports
  • erase switch

Please ignore the interrupt pins for now, these are not implemented in 1.5 but are planned for 1.5.1 so I will leave them where they are for the moment and revise when 1.5.1 comes out.

revision 2: correct labelling of USB ports, SPI not ICSP header.
revision 3: label JTAG and SWD pins, call out 16U2 ICSP (thanks to PeterVH)

The definitive source remains the official Arduino Due hardware page. This pinout photo overlay is just for convenience.

Btw. the Vcc on the SPI is 5V and should be noticed

Markus_L811:

On the spi in the middle?, SHIT!, And I have been using this and that.
How can I know if my board is defunct or not ?
I was attaching an unit that is supposed to handle 3v3 and 5v, but I tried mosi++ in the middle, and the same on the edge of the board.

Mixing 5v and 3v3 on an board that is not 5v tolerant is not very nice design!

neslekkim:

Markus_L811:

On the spi in the middle?, SHIT!, And I have been using this and that.
How can I know if my board is defunct or not ?
I was attaching an unit that is supposed to handle 3v3 and 5v, but I tried mosi++ in the middle, and the same on the edge of the board.

Mixing 5v and 3v3 on an board that is not 5v tolerant is not very nice design!

Yes saw it on this http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-Due-schematic.pdf.

It's true not an good move to have 5V on an 3.3V SPI some Sparcfun Shields use this Pin to detect the voltage too so they are dangerous too. Can you explain an bit more what are you have done so I can think about it.

But it musst be possible too set each Pin high and low seperatly so you can detect if it works and you can use the pins as intput to check the other way. --> Serial echo

Markus_L811:
Yes saw it on this http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-Due-schematic.pdf.

It's true not an good move to have 5V on an 3.3V SPI some Sparcfun Shields use this Pin to detect the voltage too so they are dangerous too. Can you explain an bit more what are you have done so I can think about it.

But it musst be possible too set each Pin high and low seperatly so you can detect if it works and you can use the pins as intput to check the other way. --> Serial echo

I have been trying to get an spi 7segment display running, and have tried all variations on the spi outputs, nothing worked, and sometimes I got an segment of an digit lighting, everything was very flakey.
Really hope that I didn't break the Due with this. I tried to use gnd+vcc from the spi next to the SAM, and tried mosi, ss, spck etc from that header, and the headers around the board, nothing worked. Wery close to throwing the crap in the shredder..

Luckily Graynomad is now creating an proper pinout map for this board, so I will try again in the weekend.

Markus_L811:

Good point, agreed.

Luckily Graynomad is now creating an proper pinout map for this board,

That may not be right :), it needs people to check it.

Rob

Well it is a lot better than mine, I would say.

I added an obsoletion notice to the first post in this thread, with a link to yours.

Hi Nantonos,

I hope I didn't step on your toes there, I just thought that after bagging Arduino documentation for ages I should actually contribute something and went for it.

BTW I haven't added the interrupts yet, I'll grab them off your drawing but still need to verify. Where did you get the data from, I seem to remember we had a thread about this but I can't find anything in Winterrupts.c or.h

Rob

Graynomad:
Hi Nantonos,

I hope I didn't step on your toes there,

No! Not at all. I did mine because I had already done one for the Mega2560, the Due had been (finally) announced that day and I had ordered one from the shop. So I took my photoshop file for the Mega2560, swapped in the Due photo, and then modified it based on what info was available then.

And the reason I did it was because the official documentation was lacking and I thought it would help others as well as myself. That is the point, right? And yours adds a lot more detail, and is much better - well done! The community benefits.

I wanted to be sure that anyone who came across this thread (by Google search, etc) got directed to the better source of information.

Graynomad:
I just thought that after bagging Arduino documentation for ages I should actually contribute something and went for it.

BTW I haven't added the interrupts yet, I'll grab them off your drawing but still need to verify. Where did you get the data from, I seem to remember we had a thread about this but I can't find anything in Winterrupts.c or.h

I am not sure about the interrupts on that drawing (as it says in the first post). And Massimo said the interrupts were not supported in 1.5.0 (which is why you can't find it) so I had intended to come back to that once they had it implemented and there was a .h file to look at.

Yes I looked in the code and they aren't supported yet, I think there has been some work done in that area though, I may have to look in the Git repo.

In the attachInterrupt() reference page it says

Parameters
interrupt: the number of the interrupt (int)

pin: the pin number (Arduino Due only)

Which implies every pin, and in fact that is possible with the SAM if someone writes the code.

Rob

Just found the thread, yes every pin can be used for interrupts.

Rob