Arduino as a Pic Programmer!

I have been having issues with the GUI version.
When I Burn a hex to the pic, it seems to work (tx light on usb adapter flashes, etc) and the program says "Finished!" after a short time.
However, when I hit "Read from PIC" all lines (0-49) say 00000000000000

I'm using a PIC16F628A

ive been looking for something like this for a long time; great work!

I wrote a similar sketch for the PIC18F2550 ( a slight modification can adopt it to almost all pic18F2/4 family). the sketch and the instruction can be found over here:

Hi soranne,

sorry, I don´t speak english very good

I know how to get 12V from USB port, There are two ways:

1.-With a coil and a zenner

2.- With capacitors, Diodes and a zenner

the first option are more easy but it is more difficult to get the coil.

I will post here how to make

reggards.

I wrote a similar sketch for the PIC18F2550 ( a slight modification can adopt it to almost all pic18F2/4 family). the sketch and the instruction can be found over here:

https://sites.google.com/site/thehighspark/arduino-pic18f

Damn ! Project already done !
Well, I'll still try to do it, at least to understand the ICSP method and achieve implementation by myself.
But, even so I am disgusted ! >.< I was caught up again ! Just my luck !

Hey all! sorry for answering so late but I have been busy with a lot of homework :s
I have to say I am not sure I will be able to work again on this project because it involves a lot of time (coding a programming method for nearly every pic!).
What Is suggest is that someone who is really motivated gathers all the programming methods for each pic to make one nice prog.

Hope I can help again!

hi soranne where i can find your program c# to load pic?
also what is latest state your project?

and soranne your project page (https://sites.google.com/site/thehighspark/arduino-pic18f ) is broken
is there any alternatif link??

Dear mahk,

I am sorry this page is not my project.

hey soranne can you give me alink for this project(circuit,program)
i need this project for my thesis in school

All the infromation I have is on the first page

Hi!

A good project!
In case interested, I've created an Arduino programmer for PIC32 series. The details are found at Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting..

Cheers!

Hi Soranne!

I think you save me! Please tell me that I can program a PIC18F452 or a PIC16F88 (with I prefer) using your project.

diogo0880:
Hi Soranne!

I think you save me! Please tell me that I can program a PIC18F452 or a PIC16F88 (with I prefer) using your project.

Hey!
Of course you can! But depending on the protocol they use you may need to adapt a bit the code.

But personnaly I would prefer the beaglebone to the raspberry pi :wink:
The beaglebone looks more like an arduino (you can easily access the inputs/outputs and and shields) and is more powerful than a raspberry pi, even if it's a bit more expensive.

How do i connect the pic16f684? I checked the datasheet and it doesnt have pins labeled as RB4 RB6 AND RB7? :frowning:

Hi all,

Mine is PIC16F887

Im trying to program it using your programmer (the .exe application) and have few question.

How to send the command "s" ? i want to program using low voltage.

and how to wire it? here's what I got from my PIC datasheet.(attached)

hoping someone can give me circuit suggesstion. thanks :slight_smile:

Hint: If you look at post #2 and there is no link to the *.exe file, you have to create a forum account and log in. An advise in post #2 would be nice.

wow seems like I got answer of my unasked question,going to use it in one of my own project:)
thanks for your help!!!

Soranne could you enable the program and a manual to use it because I'm not getting alone!