peizo knock Example

Firstly By comments I must be in the wrong section or something?
If so I am sorry, I started this because i could not find anything about getting knock examples to work.

Jim, I cant tell you how much I have appreciated your efforts, and I am really sorry I asked you for your help, I had no idea that it would be so difficult.
Chagrin, Thanks for giving me these links to look at, but I am lost just trying to get the arduino board with thier most basic example working.
It is an impossibility for me to start learning this stuff now, at over 70 it's too late. Mechanical, HTML, Gcode, Mcode, basic electronics, and that is my lot.
unless there is an off the shelf item, I could not achieve it.

I thought my project would be fairly easy, even for me, how wrong I was, & I am really embarrassed that Jim has gone so far for me.
So I will have to persevere with no protection. I figure since i need the absolute minimum touch, that hopefully it wont do to much damage.

My peizo would not activate no matter how hard i Pressed or squeezed, only if I tapped it, so off to Google.
Peizo that are designed to compressed are different, while they all may piezoelectric units, speakers & buzzers are only covered with this active compound.
Units made to compress are a bit thicker to accomplish that, one universal accepted is Peizoelectric film.
I found One that seems to be promising, and Arduino apparently are/were putting in their starter kit. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9199

Help, the next part of the project is to get it not to put KNOCK, but to activate an IC relay
If any have any suggestions, That would be really good.