Go Down

Topic: Sim 900 (Read 286 times) previous topic - next topic

Ivanfd1

Hi
Can anyone point me in the right direction, I want to send an sms text at certain time from Sim 900 module.  Eg at 8:00 pm send sensor reading from A1. I have searched the net but did not seem to find an example on how this is done, but have read that the module can get time from the net work,
Has anyone tried this?  Can u please assist
Thank You

Ivanfd1

Thank you for your reply.  I have a stand alone atmel 2560 on a printed pcb with no bootloader.  im programming using atmel studio 7.  at the moment im trying to serial com to work so i can send AT commands. What i want to know is if i can send AT comand from with the sketch to set the gsm module

Thanks

TonyWilk

What i want to know is if i can send AT comand from with the sketch to set the gsm module
If you connect up serial Tx and Rx, of course you can send AT commands.

Google for stuff like this:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Sim900 GSM module interfacing to arduino/

Yours,
  TonyWilk

Ivanfd1

Hi Tony thank you for trying to help,  The board i got is from a company that close down. It is a bare pcb that you have to solder a sim 900 and atmega chip on. the atmea pins tx and rx comes to a header pin. i tried connect a ftdi cable to it but get no response from serial monitor, im using atmel studio. the chip has no bootloader. using atmel ice to program. not sure how to configure the tx and rx pins in software to read serial. by the way im using software serial to talk to sim 900 on pins 7,8 of mega 2560 i cansend sms and
recieve on my phone.
Quick question is it possible to send sms from phone and get 4 senor readings at once

thank you

TonyWilk

It is a bare pcb that you have to solder a sim 900 and atmega chip on. the atmea pins tx and rx comes to a header pin. i tried connect a ftdi cable to it but get no response
I think you should try to get it working with your FTDI cable before trying to get some code to talk to the sim900.

You may find some useful information here: http://simcom.ee/documents/?dir=SIM900
e.g. the "AN_SIM900 Reference Design Guide_V1.02.pdf"

Yours,
  TonyWilk

Ivanfd1

Thanks Tony.  Im busy with just that right now.  On a stand alone 2560 how would i set TX,RX for serial monitor, can i i use software serial bearing in mind im using software serial  for sin 900

Thanks

Go Up