Monitor and Control Arduino using Web APIs, Build HMIs and a lot more - swDuino!

swDuino is a program which I have developed for building interactive Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) in just a couple of minutes. swDuino empowers client programs (desktop, web and mobile applications) to monitor and control Arduino using set of powerful Web APIs.

It is a free, state-of-the-art, windows-based "Serial-to-Web" proxy software that drastically simplifies the streaming, two-way exchange of variables between Arduino and any client program which supports HTTP protocol. It comes with a dedicated Arduino library and an embedded, configurable, built-in Serial/COM and a multi-threaded HTTP/Web Server.

Very interactive and stunning HMIs of your home, office, scientific rigs etc. can be build using swDuino. With these HMIs, one can control and monitor the devices that are connected with Arduino. Also, with swDuino, saving sensors' data into computer databases (e.g. SQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.) is not a hassle anymore.

You can quickly learn from examples of interfacing swDuino with several platforms.

For more information and downloading package (4 mb zip) from swDuino homepage.

Commends, suggestions and feedback are welcome.

naveedurrehman:
swDuino is a program which I have developed for building interactive Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) in just a couple of minutes. swDuino empowers client programs (desktop, web and mobile applications) to monitor and control Arduino using set of powerful Web APIs.

It is a free, state-of-the-art, windows-based "Serial-to-Web" proxy software that drastically simplifies the streaming, two-way exchange of variables between Arduino and any client program which supports HTTP protocol. It comes with a dedicated Arduino library and an embedded, configurable, built-in Serial/COM and a multi-threaded HTTP/Web Server.

Very interactive and stunning HMIs of your home, office, scientific rigs etc. can be build using swDuino. With these HMIs, one can control and monitor the devices that are connected with Arduino. Also, with swDuino, saving sensors' data into computer databases (e.g. SQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.) is not a hassle anymore.

You can quickly learn from examples of interfacing swDuino with several platforms.

For more information and downloading package (4 mb zip) from swDuino homepage.

Commends, suggestions and feedback are welcome.

Hi, I have a problem. Unexpected Error! Solution please..

swduino.PNG

how i use my page php with swduino

it's seems that swduino is tested only with Local networks
please can i use it with Extended network (internet)?

I've read this and your website and I'm still not sure what it does or how it works or what its capabilities are. It's not clear what parts are in the arduino, the server, and the client. It sounds like it requires a windows PC to be constantly connected which would seriously limit its use. If it'd run on a Pi or similar it would have much more usefulness.

It sounds like it is interesting. If you hope for it to become more popular then more information would be helpful.

How i can get a variable from swDuino with Javascript Interface?

The examples are too few on the site

Just downloaded swDuino this morning and within a few hours I am now have a perl program querying and setting my Arduino variables for a pretty big structure.

Excellent app, going to be really useful for debugging and also setting up configuration.

Plan is to create a perl Tk HMI so i can see all the variables in my program and set them. Basically mock up how my eventual HMI interface (LED, Web, etc) will be interfaced from the client side.

I am building a Irrigation Misting program which has lots of start/stop times, cycle freq/durations, etc. Plus options for enabling daylight sensor for time and/or moisture detection. So seeing each of the options for sets of four valves with four program each and all the times/options its alot. So this will allow me to test code by setting these from a HMI interface.

Thanks