"Document Expired" Messages When Going Back to Search Results

When I perform a search on this forum and click on one of the results it takes me to the post. So far so good. But when I click on the browser back button to go back to my search results, this is what happens.

First I get this message -

Document Expired

This document is no longer available.
The requested document is not available in Firefox's cache.As a security precaution, Firefox does not automatically re-request sensitive documents.Click Try Again to re-request the document from the website.

If I then click on "Try Again", I get a second message -

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

Only when I click on "resend" do I get back to the search results. This doesn't happen on any other forum I visit, nor on the forum I operate, which is also SMF. I've had the version of SMF that's running here (which is outdated I might add ) and I've never had to go through these messages. What is going on here?

Can anyone else verify that this problem happens to them?

Thanks.

Yes.

PaulS:

Yes.

Thanks Paul.

I wonder why this happens here. I visit many forums including SMF (I have one myself - v2.0.4) and I've never seen that happen when going back to search results. It's pretty aggravating. I wonder if the Admins here can look into the cause. I bet more than myself would appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't know why it's happening or I'd offer a solution. I could ask for them on the SMF support forum, of which I have an account.

I also have this problem.

codlink:
I also have this problem.

They need to upgrade the SMF software. I've posted a topic about it and I can answer some questions if the Admins are interested, since I am familiar with the process and SMF software.

Let's hope they have time to talk to you and fix this. Meanwhile I can live with right-click + open in new tab... :wink:

tuxduino:
Let's hope they have time to talk to you and fix this. Meanwhile I can live with right-click + open in new tab... :wink:

Do the Admins even read this area? Why haven't they commented on this issue?

This problem needs to be fixed. I was searching for information just today and this document expired issue is really aggravating. Why do they think it's OK to leave as-is? If members can't easily use the results of their search it will only contribute to overposting of problems that have already been solved. That's one thing this forum surely doesn't need.

Hello? Hello? :roll_eyes:

So are the Admins here going to acknowledge this problem? Is this being swept under the table? Why won't anyone in charge admit to this problem?

Is it because they don't know how to fix it?

That's not a good reason.

I vote FIX IT!. I am as tired of reloading that page as modeller. I found out about this on another thread.