Electronic advice needed to setup Arduino Uno for highspeed photography

Hello everybody,
I´m an Arduino-Rookie and need your help.

1. What I want
    I want to use an Arduino Uno for highspeed photography. The Arduino should trigger a magnet valve and a canon DSLR per remote IR. The flash should be triggered by the camera self, there should be no direct connection between the Arduino and the flash.

2. Project status
    I used the following hardware, see pictures 1-3. Picture 4 shows the current setup.

3. Questions

4. How can I find out if I used the right resistors? (1 K ohm and 22 ohm, can this work or is it necessary to use for example 220 ohm?)

5. How can I connect the magnet valve with printed circuit board?

6. How can I prepare power supply for the magnet valve (12 volt)?

7. Is it necessary to use a resistor for the IR remote on the printed circuit board?

8. How can I prepare the connection from the printed circuit board to the IR remote?

It would be great if someone give me an advice!
Thanks!

A schematic would be useful, a photograph tells virtually nothing about those components that might be opto isolators but might not be. However I doubt if 22R is the right value at all.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

The schematic in the attachment is all I have. And it gives me no explanation how I can connect the Arduino with the IR remote and the magnet valve.

Is that schematic helpful for you?

Kind regards

Note that R22 is not 22R. That resistor should be at least 100R (ohms) otherwise your arduino is being damaged as well as the opto isolator probably.

how can I find out which resistor is definetely the right one for my setup? I heard from this mathematical formula R=V / I
but I don´t know which data I need for this formula. Probably the data from the Arduino (5V) and from the valve (12)? "I" is that the data from the power supply?

I´m not sure if the schematic is defenetly right.

how can I find out which resistor is definetely the right one for my setup?

You need to know the part number of the opto isolator you have.
Then you look at the datasheet and find the recommended operating current of the LED, call this I. Then you need to find the forward voltage drop of the LED call it Vdrop.
Then calculate the voltage drop across the resistor which is 5V - Vdrop, call this V.
Then the resistor will be given by V/I

I don´t how which is the right information to calculate.

Could you take a look to the following link please:
http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/154085/OPTOKOPPLER-SFH610A-1-VIS/SHOP_AREA_14738&promotionareaSearchDetail=005

Under "Dokumente&Downloads" you´ll find the datasheet.

This would be very nice!

In addition, the type of the transistor I use is BD 39

Why have you removed the schematic from your post. That is not helpful. You are asking about a transistor and I don't remember one from your schematic so I go back to check and find you have removed it. Why?

I´m not sure if I infringe copyrights with that schematic. Here is the schematic again. Sorry!

schematic.jpg

Thanks.
Yes a that transistor is fine it is operating in the darlington pair mode.
There is no "exactly correct value" for that resistor because there is no exactly correct current you need to run the LED at.
As I said 22R will damage both the LED and the arduino. Make it 220R and it will work fine and not harm anything.

Ok.

Now here is the complete schematic to connect the magnet valve with the arduino.

Can this work?

In the schematic you can see an orange wire (Volt), how should I connect this wire?

Thank you very much for your support!

Now here is the complete schematic

Sorry but this is not a schematic, it is a physical layout diagram and is almost imposable to read t see what circuit you have. A schematic has proper electronic symbols and does not show the physical layout just the electrical connections.

see:- http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/01/reading-circuit-diagrams.html

In the schematic you can see an orange wire (Volt), how should I connect this wire?

Assuming this is the emitter of the transistor then connect it to -pol

OK, thank you very much!