Cross Compile for the Yun on Windows

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/buildroot.exigence

Cygwin(Windows) will not be supported because of the lack of case sensitiveness in the file system.

Recommend host OS for cross compile:

• Debian
  • SUSE
  • Fedora
  • Arch
  • Gentoo

Required work around:

• Red Hat
  • OS X
  • NetBSD

Gentoo is as only a source code based OS(everything is built from source by the user), Missing header and liberaries never is highly unlikely happened.

I think you misunderstood: I dont want to compile OpenWrt for the yun, i want to compile my own programs so they run on the yun.

Copy Lua header file (lua_dev) for compile lua module:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=266549.msg1880787#msg1880787

Copy libsqlite3-dev file for compile sqlite:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=266549.msg2039192#msg2039192

Copy python_devel for compile python module:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=266549.msg1879521#msg1879521

Again, i dont want to build the entire OS, neither any of those...

Plan B:

Get MIPS based Laptop/Desktop, load Debian 32bits MIPS OS, compile C source then copy over the binary.

I dont think thats required...
Why cant there be someone who actually properly understands english?

Wuerfel_21:
I dont think thats required...
Why cant there be someone who actually properly understands english?

Can you understand difference between native compile and cross compile?

Did you ever compile code run different hard ware platform (ARM, Alpha, MIPS, or PowerPC)?

Why is there someone who actually don't understands basic but try to fly?

Sorry, I am at wrong mode. Pollen allergy drive me nuts. :sob:

Yes, i know what cross compilation is, although i haven't done it till now.

sonnyyu:
Plan B:
Get MIPS based Laptop/Desktop, load Debian 32bits MIPS OS, compile C source then copy over the binary.

MIPS32/BE laptop needed, so which one ?

I have no experience about MIPS32/BE laptop, It is seem too pricy.
I do have Loongson laptop based on MIPS32/64 Little Endian.

I only use it for compile for LE/Little Endian MIPS application.

AR9331 is big-endian (BE).

I found GCC has switch:

-EB
Generate big-endian code. 
-EL
Generate little-endian code. This is the default for ‘mips*el-*-*’ configurations.

and I have no chance to test it? and beyond my knowledge anyway.

you'd better use Qemu/MIPS-BE instead.

Install Qemu/MIPS-BE, put a decent kernel + rootfs inside, and use this configuration to compile natively

Wuerfel_21:
Again, i dont want to build the entire OS, neither any of those...

Maybe not, but if you are set up to cross-compile the OS, you should have everything you need to compile applications. I don't know, but that sounds reasonable to me.

You don't have to cross compile. Install native gcc with opkg. I have a full C development environment set up on my yun complete with vi and make. C code compiles faster than I expected.

dally:
you'd better use Qemu/MIPS-BE instead.

Install Qemu/MIPS-BE, put a decent kernel + rootfs inside, and use this configuration to compile natively

an other problem is qemu's mips support is limit at Max 256MiB RAM. I would like to have 4GiB RAM.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=241368.msg1758619#msg1758619

Still far better than Yun's 64 MiB RAM.

sonnyyu:
::::SNIP::::

@sonnyyu,
I have also. For me, stay away from all MSG. No canned food, no cup-of-noodle, no package food that you add water to. No tofu, or soy. They hide MSG in tofu with flavor.

To fix, eat RAW nuts; pecans, almonds, walnuts. or Raw fruit, grapes or blackberries. or Raw cheese - good natural cheese, not process, like American Cheese or Laughing Cow Cheese. (I think you do not eat cheese)

Good Luck :slight_smile:
Jesse

I know that this is COMPLETELY off topic, but if it helps you sonny, I'll take the risk of darts.
Before pollen erupts, especially the conifers, find a LOCAL bee keeper and buy a pint or so of honey.
Have it in your morning coffee, over pancakes, or simply eat it from a spoon. The local bees take pollen from the plants in your area and by eating the honey, you will build up a resistance to the woes of pollen allergies.

@Sonnyu

I have no chance to test it? and beyond my knowledge anyway

What? I have followed your posts for a long time now and I had the impression that almost nothing is beyond your knowledge!

jessemonroy650:
@sonnyyu,
I have also. For me, stay away from all MSG. No canned food, no cup-of-noodle, no package food that you add water to. No tofu, or soy. They hide MSG in tofu with flavor.

To fix, eat RAW nuts; pecans, almonds, walnuts. or Raw fruit, grapes or blackberries. or Raw cheese - good natural cheese, not process, like American Cheese or Laughing Cow Cheese. (I think you do not eat cheese)

Good Luck :slight_smile:
Jesse

Jesse;-

Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

heggood:
I know that this is COMPLETELY off topic, but if it helps you sonny, I'll take the risk of darts.
Before pollen erupts, especially the conifers, find a LOCAL bee keeper and buy a pint or so of honey.
Have it in your morning coffee, over pancakes, or simply eat it from a spoon. The local bees take pollen from the plants in your area and by eating the honey, you will build up a resistance to the woes of pollen allergies.

Very nice, wish know it few weeks ago. I will save it for next year.
Thanks a lot.