Audio Codec shield sparkfun WM8731 wont work with Due

Hello,

I recently purchased the audio code shield which has the WM8731. I want to interface it with arduino Due but the libraries provided dont work with the Due.Could some one help me to create a library for the WM873 codec shield for Due.

Link to product

Link to library
http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/Arduino/Shields/AudioCodecNew.zip

The Due has the SPI bus data pins on the ICSP connector. That shield has the SPI bus data lines connected to D11 to D13. You must jumper those pins somehow to the ICSP pins on the Due.

I spoke the developer at open music lab and he told me that the library uses avr specific functions and so there is no support for Due. But can some one guide me as to how shall I build and compile the library for Due. (I gave the link for the library).

Thanks

Before I even look at the library, did you connect the SPI data lines (D11 to D13 on the shield) to the ICSP pins on the Due? It will certainly not work unless you do that.

SurferTim:
Before I even look at the library, did you connect the SPI data lines (D11 to D13 on the shield) to the ICSP pins on the Due? It will certainly not work unless you do that.

Hello youthreewire,

Try like SurferTim mentioned. Some Arduino AVR examples run 'as is' with Due's ARM architecture.

On the other hand, the Atmel Studio 6 ASF has a library and example for the SAM3X-EK WM8731 interface called WM8731 Audio Codec Example. This example plays a WAV file pre-loaded into the RAM. Given that the SAM3X-EK is based on a SAM3X8H, another way (but not easy) is about someone to port the library/example to Due. Good luck.

p