Read from HD44780 LCD

Hello,

Is it possible to read from HD44780 LCD? Can someone please give me an example, if it is possible with Arduino UNO?

Best regards.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Insert numbers like 326675 with sony remote control's keypad. And read back the entered number.

What does reading from a Keypad have to do with a LCD Controller?

gmail:
Hello,

Is it possible to read from HD44780 LCD? Can someone please give me an example, if it is possible with Arduino UNO?

Best regards.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,37258.0.html
Might help?

@James C4S, this is an ordinary and cheap Sony tv remote controller. As it has 0 to 9 keys and some other keys, I am thinking to use this instead of regular keypad. With a sensor individual key press can be detected. So, if key 0 (to 9) is pressed can be detected and printed on LCD. After entering (if needed editing - like a key on remote can be used as backspace) the complete number, a 'Finish' key would be pressed and the final number would be read from the LCD. Perhaps, now I have to think about using an array and keep track on it, then print the array on the LCD.

@kowalski, it seems the project/library was not completed successfully. But this would help for understanding or writing library for LCD. Meanwhile, I shall try the array way.

Thank you all.

Best regards.