Arduino Duemilanove w/Firmata reads only digital pins from 2 to 7

Hi there guys, I have a great trouble with Arduino Duemilanove, interfacing it with Pure Data, with Firmata 2.2.
When I upload SimpleDigitalFirmata on Arduino, now in Pure Data it reads only digital pins from 2 to 7, and the input in Pure Data is repeated for next pin that coincide with the pin in question... uhm i think it's so complicated XD

For example, if I press the pushbutton on pin 3, even the pin 11 is activated... the same is for pins 4->12, 5->13... and if I press the pushbutton on digital pins 8-13, nothing happen...

I encountered the same error on Arduino Mega (but everyone has old me that arduino mega isn't supported yet by firmata and only first 13 digital pins work, even if only first 7 digital pins works for me XD) and with Arduino Uno...

I was wondering if it's a bug of the new release of Arduino with Firmata 2.2, because in previouses versions of Arduino digital pins have always worked...

Waiting your reply, thanks a lor :smiley:

I know it, in fact I don't want to use pins 0 and 1, but the problem is that the "second string" of digital pins (from 8 to 13) doesn't work...

I am using it via USB

but the problem is that the "second string" of digital pins (from 8 to 13) doesn't work...

The "problem" is that you haven't posted any code that shows how the pins are being set up. Are you defining all the digital pins as INPUT pins?

PaulS:

but the problem is that the "second string" of digital pins (from 8 to 13) doesn't work...

The "problem" is that you haven't posted any code that shows how the pins are being set up. Are you defining all the digital pins as INPUT pins?

Yes, I put all digital pins as INPUT pins, but only first pins from 2 o 7 works...
The codes I used on Arduino are AllInputsFirmata and SimpleDigitalFirmata from the sketch of Firmata example...
Here are some stamp from Pure Data... I am trying all of these with examples, so they are stamp of the Pduino example in Pure data...

If you see the pictures, in the first I edited something, to put all digital pins in input mode (one by one, editing the message)... but in the second picture, i have only one pushbutton on pin 4, but the result on that pushbutton is repeated in the corresponding pins of the next string of digital pins (in this case 12, if I have pushbutton on digital pin 3, the result is repeated on digital pin 11, and so on, as I said before)...

Thanks a lot to everyone, I don't understand what is the problem (but I think that the problem is in the example of Firmata or in the Firmata library code... there was a time that it worked properly)

And... sorry if my english isn't so good :stuck_out_tongue:

Schermata 2011-06-12 a 16.19.45.png

but in the second picture, i have only one pushbutton on pin 4, but the result on that pushbutton is repeated in the corresponding pins of the next string of digital pins (in this case 12, if I have pushbutton on digital pin 3, the result is repeated on digital pin 11, and so on, as I said before)...

If you have nothing connected to the pin, you should not be reading the pin and expecting to get good results.

Congratulations, you have just discovered the floating pin (search term) problem. Now, go search for the solutions. The simplest, of course, is to simply not read any pin that has nothing attached to it.

PaulS:

but in the second picture, i have only one pushbutton on pin 4, but the result on that pushbutton is repeated in the corresponding pins of the next string of digital pins (in this case 12, if I have pushbutton on digital pin 3, the result is repeated on digital pin 11, and so on, as I said before)...

If you have nothing connected to the pin, you should not be reading the pin and expecting to get good results.

Congratulations, you have just discovered the floating pin (search term) problem. Now, go search for the solutions. The simplest, of course, is to simply not read any pin that has nothing attached to it.

Yes, infact I have the other pins all attached to the ground, because I tried only one pin, but even the other "opposite" pin give me the same result, even if attached to the ground...