Getting Rid of the Arduino Board

I have a Arduino Uno and want use the Atemga 328p with Arduino code without UNO board.

How do I do?

I have tried to connect it like this. http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard.
But it is only for Duemilanove.

I programmed my Atmega328P in my UNO Board. Then connect it like this + a led (BLINK). I use Digital pin 13 for led. But nothing happend.

I have no contact between rx and tx to my UNO Card.

Help please.

Did you connect your LED to pin 19 of the ATmega chip? That's the Arduino D13 pin.

What do you mean by "I have no contact between rx and tx to my UNO Card."?

Yes! I connect LED to pin 19 of the ATmega chip?

I mean that green and yellow wire in the picture, I never connected.

OK, so you don't need the USB connection, just power (+5 and Ground).

Some prototype boards have the power and ground busses split in the middle. If you are feeding the power in on the left it might not get to the wires on the right. Check that.

Reset (pin 1 of the chip) should connect to +5 through the resistor.

Sometimes a proto board will have a bad connector. Something might not be connecting. Wiggle all the connections. :slight_smile:

Connecting the crystal using wires is a bad thing, the capacitance of the wires can be enought to prevent it from oscilatting.

Also the breadboard itself has a high capacitance, I'd plug the crystal directly into the holes near the chip.

There are no decoupling caps either, often on breadboards you can get away without because of the high capacitance, but I'd put a couple of 0.1uF caps right near the power pins of the chip.

Rob